Provides friendly and professional service to the guests in the restaurant and buffet area, anticipating and fulfilling their needs.
To support Celebrity Cruises’ mission of becoming “the world’s ultimate premium cruise line with a taste of luxury,” all duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, ISM/ISO standards, USPH guidelines, and environmental regulations.
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and
throughout the ship.
1. In accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, as well as through Celebrity Connections, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at
all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and Celebrity Family Member (CFM) areas.
2. Must be knowledgeable about all of the menu items and ingredients and be able to describe them tothe guests.
3. Ensures guests are completely satisfied with the food and service and reports to the Assistant Maître d’ any special requests or complaints made by the guests.
4. Reports for duty at assigned times following his/her supervisor’s instructions according to company policies.
5. Performs any additional duties required by the Restaurant Manager’s schedule.
6. Responsible for keeping his/her working section clean and tidy following the United States Public
Health rules and regulations at all times.
7. Must have the physical ability to carry 16 covers (15-20 Kg.; approximately 44 pounds).
8. Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship’s standard operation, in order to assist guests and CFMs with inquiries.
9. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
10. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position.
Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management