Maintains an assigned section maximum up to 23 guest staterooms and corridors in a clean and orderly
manner by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities.
Celebrity Cruises expects each shipboard employee to consistently exemplify the principles of the STAR Program's Credo to all team members. In addition, all duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with ISM/ISO and SQM standards, USPH guidelines, Environmental, and Safety policies.
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and
throughout the ship.
It is every employee’s responsibility to conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all
times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and Crewmember areas.
1. Each housekeeping shipboard employee reports to their workstation assignment on time and
properly groomed and dressed according to standards. This includes a clean uniform, nametag,
and any other uniform related item.
2. During embarkation, greets the guests of their assigned sections and introduces him/herself.
Explains stateroom amenities and lay out including mini bar, interactive system and all available
services onboard ship. Describes his/her function including duty hours and other available room
services. May be assigned to the gangway to greet guests, if needed.
3. Provides personalized assistance to guests by following Celebrity’s standards of service and
style. Maintains current knowledge of the ship’s regular events and special functions by
reviewing all available data, including the daily newsletter, in order to provide guests with
accurate information to answer questions.
4. Follows all daily, weekly and monthly stateroom, balcony and corridor cleaning procedures to
ensure standards are met.
5. Responsible to make beds according to the Save the Waves program.
6. Supervises the Assistant Stateroom Attendants who is responsible for cleaning bathrooms and
replenishing bathroom supplies and towels. Inspects work areas with entry-level staff to ensure
USPH guidelines are met. Provides guidance, instruction and demonstrates cleaning techniques
to entry-level staff to meet requirements.
7. Cleans walls, ceilings, draperies, windows, and room accessories to remove effects of smoke,
dust, water and other damage such as dirt, soot, stains, mildew, and excess water and moisture.
Sprays or fogs carpet, upholstery, and accessories with fabric conditioners and protectors,
deodorizers, and disinfectants. Dusts furniture. Washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork. Washes
windows and door panels.
8. Replenishes daily supplies such as drinking glasses, ice, soap, amenities, mineral water,
stationary supplies and mini bar supplies.
9. Receives guest’s laundry and dry cleaning and transports to laundry for processing. Returns
cleaned laundry to guest's stateroom and presents laundry bills.
10. Delivers room service to guest staterooms as requested.
11. Notifies management of the malfunction of lighting, heating and ventilation equipment.
12. Maintains cleaning supplies and equipment in good working order. Requisitions supplies and
equipment when needed. Ensures that work area is free from hazards to guests and other
13. Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship’s standard
operation, in order to assist guests and crewmembers with inquiries.
14. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
15. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that
these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position.
Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their
supervisor or management.