The Stage Technician is responsible for the basic maintenance, repair and operation of live stage and backstage equipment for all shows performed in the main theatres. The technician will also perform preventive maintenance & basic repair on scenery including general carpentry, scenic painting, automation cleaning, replacement of bulbs, and other maintenance responsibilities as required.
The Stage Technician is expected to maintain inspect all equipment and to track inventory in order to ensure that all props and items are available for the shows. This person must also be available to assist other technicians whenever needed. The technician must be able to understand and react quickly to new directions in a fast-paced environment.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
* Clean and maintain the backstage areas including workshops. Assist with under stage cleaning, to ensure safe & efficient operation.
* Perform specific backstage track during performances in theatre with the ability to change directions in a timely manner.
* Assist with all scenic changeovers and ensures they are completed in a safe and
* Manages safety requirements during rehearsals, shows, and change over’s to ensure
maximum safety for all involved especially when Automation movement is taking place.
* Assist with the arrangement of scenery and props on stage as directed during rehearsal, shows, & changeovers. Maintains the overall look and quality of scenic items and personal props.
* Repair and maintain scenery including general carpentry, scenic painting, automationcleaning, replacement of bulbs, Dusting Projector filters, and other related duties as required. Report any scenic damage or any operational safety concerns immediately to Technical Supervisor.
* Maintain and update records of all shows and changes to backstage tracks & rigging & scenic changes to backstage tracks. Maintain and update auditable inventory of all entertainment props and equipment.
* Inspects on a weekly basis all electrical cabling for scenic, automation, and lighting; reports any defects to the Technical Supervisor.
* Coordinate with the Technical Supervisor and/or Entertainment Production Manager to deliver accurate maintenance tracking sheets during position handover.
* Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logicallyrelated to the position.
* Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.