The Bartender ensures our Sailors have a fantastic beverage experience onboard by delivering exceptional bar service and quality beverages
● Interact with Sailors and provide beverage information, promoting drinks and/or upselling premium brands. They will also suggest alternative cocktails that aren’t visible on the menu.
● Ensure that all bar products, equipment and cleaning materials are used in a cost-effective manner.
● Ensures that Sailor orders are correctly entered into the system and monitors bills for any corrections necessary.
● Carries out clear down routines after service and ensures the appearance and condition of all items including glasses and bottles meet Virgin Voyages standards.
● Notifies management of any complaints raised and seeks to resolve.
● Mentors junior members of the Bar team and provides training where required.
● Assists Mixologists with tasks and duties
● Ensures that their bar area is properly stocked, set up and ready to open as scheduled.
● Responsible for any shortcomings related to inventory, equipment or cash handling, therefore ensures accuracy when dealing with said items.
● Fully knowledgeable in standard and advanced cocktail recipes, wine lists, spirits, other alcoholic beverages, garnishes and presentations.
● Ensures compliance with the Company alcohol policy and notifies manager when Sailors/Crew are in danger of breaching.
● Assists with inventory stock checks and requisitions relating to bar equipment, items and consumables.
● Ensures Public Health standards of work stations are met.
● Partakes in inspections, training and meetings as required by the Head of Department.
● Ensures that the set standards are kept and staff members work according to their respective job descriptions.