Leads and participates in a variety of Sports Deck and Cruise Director activities and duties such as climbing wall, Flowrider (FR Class), in-line skating, golf simulator, volleyball, basketball, golf course, ping pong, shuffle board, theme nights, spot lights, gangway etc. by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities.
Royal Caribbean International expects each shipboard team member to relentlessly exemplify the principles of the Anchored in Excellence Credo to all team members. In addition, all duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s Gold Anchor Standards, SQM standards, USPH guidelines, environmental, and safety policies. Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and throughout the ship. 1.In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of Anchored in Excellence , each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas.
2. Promotes and serves as Master of Ceremonies in Sports Deck activities, and Vitality programs. Issues equipment to guests for: climbing wall, in-line skating, golf simulator, Flowrider (FR class), volleyball, basketball, golf course, ping pong, shuffle board, etc.
3. Explains and demonstrates use of apparatus and equipment for: climbing wall, in-line skating, golf simulator, Flowrider and any other related activities.
4. Leads Vitality classes and events. Organizes and conducts tournaments. May serve or participate as master of ceremonies. Explains and demonstrates principles, techniques, and methods of regulating movement of body, hands, or feet to achieve proficiency in activity. Observes guests during activities to detect and correct mistakes. Evaluates guests’ physical condition to participate in various sport and
5. fitness activities.
6. Explains and enforces safety rules and regulations. Responds and reports any type of emergency.
7. Assembles and disassembles equipment and props required for activities. Returns items to storage area.
8. Performs regular inventory of all equipment and supplies. Determines if equipment requires replacement or repair.
9. Maintains the Sports Deck in a clean and orderly fashion. Posts current daily information, hours of operation, activities, etc. for the benefit of the guests. Adhering to USPH ship requirements.
10. Responds to guest complaints in a considerate, professional and positive manner by showing concern and listening actively. Takes ownership of guest concerns, by following-up and ensuring complaints are resolved to the guest’s satisfaction.
11. Prepares all required reports utilizing the computer equipment.
12. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
13. Socializes with guests in public areas at all times in accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s Gold Anchor Standards. Visits guest lounges at specified times to converse with as many guests as possible in the time allotted.
14. Operates spotlight equipment for production shows according to instructions as needed, when stage staff are required to perform duties backstage. Attends mandatory rehearsals as required.
15. Performs stilt walking for parades on Voyager and Ultra Voyager class ships as necessary.
16. Assist Explorations at the front desk, back office ticket processing, and dispatching tours when necessary dependant on ticket sales.
17. Participates in greeting and directing guests on and off the gangways when the ship has arrived in the ports of call.
18. Participates in debarkation procedures by disseminating information, and directing and escorting guests to staterooms and or exits.
19. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
One year physical fitness and/or recreational sports instruction background o with resorts, sports facilities or related recreational facilities required.
Master of Ceremonies experience preferred.
Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
Ability to speak additional languages preferred
minimum 21 years of age
Contract length: 29 weeks on/up to 60 days off
Salary: Please contact the agency in regards salary