Leads and participates in a variety of Sports Deck and Cruise Director activities and duties such
as climbing wall, Flowrider (FR Class), in-line skating, golf simulator, volleyball, basketball,
golf course, ping pong, shuffle board, theme nights, spot lights, gangway etc. by performing the
following essential duties and responsibilities.
Royal Caribbean International expects each shipboard team member to relentlessly exemplify
the principles of the Anchored in Excellence Credo to all team members. In addition, all duties
and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s
Gold Anchor Standards, SQM standards, USPH guidelines, environmental, and safety policies.
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues
and throughout the ship.
1.In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of Anchored in
Excellence , each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at
all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow
shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas.
2. Promotes and serves as Master of Ceremonies in Sports Deck activities, and Vitality
programs. Issues equipment to guests for: climbing wall, in-line skating, golf simulator,
Flowrider (FR class), volleyball, basketball, golf course, ping pong, shuffle board, etc.
3. Explains and demonstrates use of apparatus and equipment for: climbing wall, in-line
skating, golf simulator, Flowrider and any other related activities.
4. Leads Vitality classes and events. Organizes and conducts tournaments. May serve or
participate as master of ceremonies. Explains and demonstrates principles, techniques,
and methods of regulating movement of body, hands, or feet to achieve proficiency in activity. Observes guests during activities to detect and correct mistakes.
Evaluates guests’ physical condition to participate in various sport and
5. fitness activities.
6. Explains and enforces safety rules and regulations. Responds and reports any type of
7. Assembles and disassembles equipment and props required for activities. Returns items
to storage area.
8. Performs regular inventory of all equipment and supplies. Determines if equipment
requires replacement or repair.
9. Maintains the Sports Deck in a clean and orderly fashion. Posts current daily
information, hours of operation, activities, etc. for the benefit of the guests. Adhering to
USPH ship requirements.
10. Responds to guest complaints in a considerate, professional and positive manner by
showing concern and listening actively. Takes ownership of guest concerns, by
following-up and ensuring complaints are resolved to the guest’s satisfaction.
11. Prepares all required reports utilizing the computer equipment.
12. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as
13. Socializes with guests in public areas at all times in accordance with Royal Caribbean
International’s Gold Anchor Standards. Visits guest lounges at specified times to
converse with as many guests as possible in the time allotted.
14. Operates spotlight equipment for production shows according to instructions as needed,
when stage staff are required to perform duties backstage. Attends mandatory rehearsals
15. Performs stilt walking for parades on Voyager and Ultra Voyager class ships as
16. Assist Explorations at the front desk, back office ticket processing, and dispatching tours
when necessary dependant on ticket sales.
17. Participates in greeting and directing guests on and off the gangways when the ship has
arrived in the ports of call.
18. Participates in debarkation procedures by disseminating information, and directing and
escorting guests to staterooms and or exits.
19. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies
that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this
position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties
assigned by their supervisor or management.