To set up operate and maintain audio equipment onboard to high standards for all entertainment venues
• Sets up and operates sound equipment for assigned shows, cabarets, lectures, presentations and ship events
• Sets up backline equipment and instrument microphones.
• Programs sound computer/console during technical rehearsals as assigned.
• Performs speaker/equipment check before each show.
• Ensures that show set-up is complete and exact.
• Ensures that design integrity and performance quality are maintained through the run of the shows.
• Is ready to mic an actor wirelessly if the need arises.
• Assists with the maintenance of audio equipment.
• Wires special sound projects.
• Communicates in a clear, concise and timely manner with Stage Manager and other departments.
• Possesses the ability to trouble shoot and communicate to provide informationto resolve issues.
• Has organizational and operational skills including inventory, scheduling, maintenance, cleaning, storage, distribution and coordination.
• Is on time for all set-ups, show call, meetings and work calls.
• Maintains cleanliness and order in all sound areas.
• Participates in special events by assisting with sound needs
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Cruise Director, Assistant Cruise Director, Stage Manager, and Audio Designer
• Performs in a manner consistent with VOC’s Mission, Values and Vision, including a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
• Maintain, uphold and execute the Viking quality and Service Standards
• Monitor guest satisfaction and report issues, concerns and suggestions