Provide a courteous and professional wine and beverage service within an allocated area. Serve passengers and / or crew members and provide a smooth and efficient service, enhancing the passenger / crew experience, fully adhering to company service standards.
* Serve wine and beverages to passengers, officers and crew complying fully with the Responsible Service of Alcohol policies and procedures, informing the Chief Sommelier when a passenger has consumed excessive alcohol.
* Confidently and professionally engage with passengers providing information and answering wine questions.
* Actively generate wine sales and cash profit by promoting set promotions and consulting on fine wine selection including how to pair wine with food.
* Increase cash profit generating opportunities and work to exceed targets.
* Correctly enter passenger billing into the relevant system in a timely manner.
* Follow all working and cleaning routines and rotas and ensure the appearance and condition of all items including glasses, equipment and bottles meet the required standards.
* Assist with controlling budget costs by ensuring that all products, equipment and cleaning materials are used in a cost effective and efficient manner.
* Assist the Chief Sommelier with wine talks, tasting sessions and presentations for passengers.
* Prepare pre-orders of wine and ensure they are on the tables in preparation for the service period.
* Keep the work stations neat and tidy at all times. Set up and clear down the area prior to and after service periods.
* Use and maintain all equipment correctly, following standard operating procedures and report any repairs required promptly.
* Carry out duties at outside catering events as and when required.
* Meet and greet the passengers and assist with baggage services on embarkation / disembarkation days, safely moving passenger luggage.