Promotes and provides an excellent wine service to our guests. Improves and maintains wine sales.
To support Celebrity Cruises’ mission of becoming “the world’s ultimate premium cruise line with a taste
of luxury,” all duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ Pillars
of Safety, Service and Style, ISM/ISO standards, USPH guidelines, and environmental regulations.
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and
throughout the ship.
1. In accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, as well as through
Celebrity Connections, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at
all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard
employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and Celebrity Family Member (CFM) areas.
2. Provides wine service to guests in the restaurant and buffet restaurant. In some cases will be
responsible for providing bar services other than wine.
3. Works in a station designated by the Head Sommelier and approved by the Restaurant Manager and follows the daily schedule, which is posted weekly in the wine cellar.
4. In addition to serving wine his/her duties include the re-stocking of the wine cellar on a daily basis,
and once a week may be requested to work during the loading of wines onto to the ship.
5. Ensures personal appearance, personal hygiene and uniform appearance are at all times in
accordance with the company policy.
6. Should be knowledgeable about the wine list and able to discuss and suggest wines to guests who
ask for advice. The knowledge of how to pair wine with food is imperative.
7. Has a clear understanding of the company’s service standards.
8. Applies salesmanship techniques in order to achieve maximum sales, which will result in higher
9. Must be able to reach reasonable and attainable sales targets set by the company. This requires selfconfidence and commitment to the sales goals.
10. Reports all guests’ queries, discrepancies or suggestions to his/her immediate supervisor. Must have full knowledge of the cashless system on board the ship in order to process all transactions
11. Duties include the cleaning and sanitizing of his/her working area and working utensils following the United States Public Health rules and regulations and all times.
12. Must be available to work extra duties or longer hours if necessary.
13. Other duties related to the Bar Department may be assigned from time to time.
14. Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship’s standard operation, in order to assist guests and CFMs with inquiries.
15. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
16. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.