To provide a friendly and professional service to the guests in the buffet service area.
To support Celebrity Cruises’ mission of becoming “the world’s ultimate premium cruise line with a taste of luxury,” all duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, ISM/ISO and SQM standards, USPH guidelines, and environmental regulations.
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and throughout the ship.
1. In accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, as well as through Celebrity Connections, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crewmember areas.
2. Will be assigned a station in the buffet restaurant and will be required to promptly replenish the food and beverages in the buffet line.
3. Reports for duty at assigned times and follows his/her supervisor’s instructions according to the company’s rules and regulations.
4. Duties include the cleaning of assigned working area following at all times the United States
Public Health rules and regulations.
5. Provides assistance with the transporting of the necessary stock from the main storeroom to the buffet area.
6. Participates in a training program in order to develop his/her skills in order to be considered for future promotions.
7. Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship’s standard operation, in order to assist guests and crewmembers with inquiries.
8. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
9. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
Minimum of three years food and beverage experience in an upscale hotel, resort or cruise ship (shipboard experience preferred).
Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements and use of equipment.
Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
Ability to speak additional languages preferred
minimum 21 years of age
Contract length: 34 weeks on / up to 60 days off
Salary: Please contact the agency in regards salary