• Commit to the Company’s Core Values – flawless execution, dedication to family & community, spirit of entrepreneurship, financial excellence and environmental stewardship.
• Assume personal responsibility for safety and NCLH’s impact upon the environment.
• To maintain communication between the ship and port authorities, providing smooth daily clearance in the different ports of call for arrival and departure.
• Ensure that guests are traveling with the proper documentation.
• Assist Chief Purser with finance and administrative tasks.
• Supervise Reception Desk and carry out audits on front office finances, reporting and cash.
• Guest Experience
1. Demonstrates a genuine concern for guests’ wellbeing at all times
2. Pro-active approach to problem solving
3. Ensuring staff training, development and knowledge throughout concession outlets is maintained at optimum levels to facilitate the guests’ experience
• Operational and Administrative
1. Inbound and outbound clearance of vessel, passenger visa requirements, maintaining port requirements files, pre arrival advise to port agents, manifest distribution and port telex
2. Responsibility of the safe and secure storage of all passports for guest or other personnel included on the Guest Manifest at all times.
3. Cross checking with Asst Purser that all passports are present prior to sailing and prior to any passport distribution or immigration inspection.
4. Ensure any passports signed out with Reception to the guests are returned prior to sailing.
5. Send out immigration or customs forms to guests when required for completion for ship’s clearance.
6. Inform guest of any visa issues when arise and try to obtain solutions with local authorities
7. Ensure that all Guest passports are swiped and that Fidelio holds accurate information at all times.
8. Ensures that anyone contained within the Guest Manifest holds adequate visa or travel documents, enabling the ship to be cleared without complications or fines.
9. Assist the gangway in locating guests not showing as onboard prior to departure and make a standard announcement on the PA when guests still missing.
10. Send departure manifests and ensure a hard copy is in the Pursers Office and on the Bridge.
11. Forwarding all Visitor Requests to ports of call
12. Inform all staff of the ships docking spot (pier location) as far in advance as possible.
13. Obtain port agents cell phone / 24 hour contact number at the Clearance and ensure it is available in the Pursers Office and on the Bridge (in case of inaccuracies in the Port Agent contact info held on file).
14. Maintaining Food and Beverage Cost Control Document (Victualling);
15. Compiling and ensuring all Material Landing Manifests are completed accurately and forwarded in a timely manner to relevant port authorities
16. Reservations on Guest Suites for non revenue guests and maintaining non revenue log for housekeeping and night auditor
17. Arranging transport and accommodation for Guest Entertainers
18. Preparation of various files for new cruises, assisting Executive Concierge with embarkation duties from and immigration, visa checking standpoint
19. Brief embarkation staff of any check-in paperwork, immigration requirements if they are require to know
20. Prepares and balances amenities
21. Reports no shows to RSSC Head Office
22. Collects and sends all courier packages to head office
1. Provide Reception Desk with US Dollar Change
2. Providing foreign currency to Front Office Staff and forecast money orders to be passed to Chief Purser
3. Audit front desk cash floats on a weekly basis
4. Daily audit check on front desk cash handling
5. End of Cruise reconciliation of cash by front desk staff
6. Monitoring open cash balances from guests ensuring all guest accounts are set up in accordance with RSSC Standards
7. Controls credit card authorizations and referrals and communication with guests on corrective action
8. Responding to RSSC Accounting on past guest account queries
9. Send “method of payment’ letters to guests who have no form of payment on their onboard account.
10. Send declined credit card letters to guests
11. Passes all declined credit card information and accounts to be settled by cash to Asst Purser for follow up with guest, making sure that adequate payment methods are obtained in a timely manner.
12. Performs all other duties as requested by supervisor
• Training and Development
1. Facilitates the training of Front Desk Staff in financial aspects of the operation
2. Coaches and supports Assistant Purser in daily operation and where requested will facilitate additional training of Assistant Pursers for progression
3. Trains, coaches and leads crew to consistently superior levels of performance
4. Completes, participates and promotes RSSC’s Service Training Programs.
5. Communicates standards of performance to employees
6. Creates and maintains a positive work environment
7. Models excellent leadership behavior
1. Maintains positive relationships with colleagues
2. Respects the privacy and rights of colleagues
3. Promotes cooperation and teamwork
4. Attends all main Cocktail Parties
5. At all times projects a favorable image of Regent Seven Seas Cruises, promoting its aims and objectives to enhance public recognition and acceptance of all its areas of operation or endeavors.
1. Monitor the practical application of the Company's policy, procedures and instructions.
2. Immediately report to the Master any instances where the vessel is unable or fails to comply with any Company’s policy, procedure, instruction, and any safety, environmental, or security requirement.
3. Participate in crew and passenger safety drills according to instructions from ship’s command
4. Comply with company safety and pollution prevention regulations.
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
MS Office Suite
Fidelio Cruise including (but not limited to) modules:
Micros Fidelio Point of Sale
Hospitality Background preferred;
Travel industry and previous shipboard experience required
Experience in front office, revenue operations and crew operations required;
Knowledge of Clearance and Port Regulations preferred;