The Restaurant Manager is responsible for ensuring the most memorable dining experience is delivered to Sailors by leading, training and motivating the restaurant teams in their respective areas and any other outlets assigned to them during service.
They are responsible for planning, assigning and directing duties during service.
● Maintain positive Sailor and Crew relations at all times.
● Directs, coaches, supports, supervises and evaluates the performance of all direct reports.
● Responsible for the general maintenance of their restaurant, reporting any repair or replacement
● Designates specific responsibilities to the Assistant Restaurant Manager
● Assigns work schedules, time off and other duties to all restaurant personnel in accordance with
all agreements and guidelines.
● Orders, manages and controls the inventory of all equipment as deemed necessary for the daily
operation of their restaurant.
● Supervises and assists the Assistant Restaurant Manager in his/her stations in order to maintain a
high level of service.
● Has a thorough understanding of Time and Attendance procedures (TAR), shipboard training and
is familiar with the contracts and work schedule hours/week and supporting documentation.
● Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, cooking methods and beverage selections available in their assigned outlet.
● Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, proper table set ups, room
capacity, hours of operation, menus, price range and dress code of assigned restaurant
● Responsible for the smooth and efficient running of the respective restaurant to which they are assigned including necessary administrative tasks.
● Visits each table of their respective restaurant and/or outlet engaging with and receiving feedback regarding the food and service ensuring sailors have the utmost satisfaction.
● Ensures all restaurant team members perform and adhere to company guidelines and policies at all times.
● Ensure that all restaurant products, equipment and cleaning materials are used in a cost-effective manner.
● Informs the Restaurant Operations Manager on all Sailor issues, special requests, suggestions and complaints and where possible, seeks to resolve.