We’re on an exciting journey to create one of the most irresistible travel brands in the world and are building an epic team to help make our ambition a reality. We are on the hunt for a super talented ‘someone’ who is restaurant obsessed and is always on the lookout for the hottest trend. If you think you have the chops to lead a team in one of our dynamic restaurants, keep reading.
This special supervisor is the kind of person that can nerd out on pop-up restaurants and food trucks, but also values impeccable service. This person is always checking out the newest restaurant trend around and loves making sure that everyone is having a good time. They will oversee & lead a team from around the world. Sound interesting to you?! … Keep reading!
In other words, this ‘someone’ needs to know how to Make Ship Happen. Your excellent attention to detail and self-starter mentality means you can think quick on your feet and keep calm when ship gets real. Ultimately, we won’t be able to remember how we got by without you.
• Provide an epic experience for our guests at all times
• Maintain complete knowledge of all service items, cooking methods and beverage selections available in the assigned outlet
• Assists with the training of the Quick Service Attendants and other restaurant teams on respective food/beverage concepts, menus and service procedures
• Trains the Quick Service Attendants and other restaurant teams on respective food/beverage menus, telephone etiquette, Room Service ordering, delivery and clean up regularly
• Cross trains crew members in other departments to find the right fit for future teammates
• Ensures Quick Attendants are delivering food and beverage orders to Sailor’s staterooms in a professional and courteous manner
• Responsible for providing supervision and support to Quick Service Attendants helping to provide a professional and welcoming atmosphere and service to all Sailors and Crew
• Maintain complete knowledge of proper table set ups, room capacity, hours of operation, menus, price range, buffet line setup, refill, clearance and dress code of assigned restaurant and/or outlet
• Regularly visits each table of their respective restaurant and/or outlet engaging with and receiving feedback regarding the food and service ensuring sailors have the utmost satisfaction
• Ensures all team members perform and adhere to company guidelines and policy at all times
• Ensures that all restaurant products, equipment and cleaning materials are used in a cost-effective manner
• Informs the Restaurant Manager on all sailor issues, special requests, suggestions and complaints and where possible, seeks to resolve
• Responsible for carrying out supervisory duties in respective outlet
• Assigns service stations to the wait staff based on performance and ability without discrimination or favoritism
• Ensures that all health rules and regulations such as USPH are maintained and adhered to and where necessary provides training to other members of the Restaurant team
• Ensures that Sailor orders are correctly entered into the system and monitors tab for any corrections necessary
• Monitors and assists clear down routines after service and ensures the appearance and condition of all items, like cutlery and tableware, meets Virgin Voyages’ standards
• Is familiar with all cruise services/features and activations to respond to Sailor inquiries
• Ensures compliance with the Company alcohol policy and notifies Restaurant Manager if
Sailors/Crew are in danger of breaching