The Public Area Manager is responsible for ensuring the carrying out of the cleaning and maintenance of all Public areas onboard the vessel.
* Monitors all public areas ensuring spaces are well maintained and cleaned effectively.
* Carries out cleaning of public areas including but not limited to mess, walkways, launderette, restrooms and staircases.
* Monitors Work and Rest hours of Public Custodial team and implements work schedules in line with these.
* Daily vacuuming, sanitizing, garbage removal and dusting/polishing of all public areas.
* Carries out cleaning and maintenance of carpets and floors in public areas including shampooing, stripping, waxing etc.
* Assists in the handling and distribution of Sailor luggage on embarkation/disembarkation.
* Follows and ensures correct storage via COSWOPP when handling and/or using cleaning chemicals.
* Keeps all cleaning equipment well maintained and reports any defects to the Assistant Executive Housekeeper.
* Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as required by Head of Department.
* Completes Appraisals for direct reports.
* Ensures that the set standards are kept and staff members work according to their respective job descriptions.