Prepares the typesetting and printing of all onboard materials by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities.
To support Celebrity Cruises’ mission of sustaining “the world’s ultimate premium cruise line with a taste of luxury,” all duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, ISM/ISO and SQM standards, USPH guidelines, and environmental regulations.
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and throughout the ship.
1. In accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, as well as through Celebrity Connections, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crewmember areas.
2. Reads instructions and schedule, such as schedule of documents to be printed, to determine work for shift. Performs tasks assigned by the Desktop Publishing Special and the Hotel Director.
3. Oversees and troubleshoots all imaging to the Xante Platemaker and to other printers. Makes plates of acceptable quality for the press. Operates presses, copiers and duplicators to produce final professional quality publications. Ensures that final printed image is accurate and matches approved composition. Troubleshooting may include optimizing final files so that plates are of acceptable quality. Examples of printed materials include, but are not limited to, the vessel’s daily newsletter, brochures, business cards, tariff cards, telephone directories special shoreside promotional materials and various shipboard promotional materials.
4. Loads paper in printer, copier, duplicator or other machines. Sets guides, keys and switches, enters commands into computer and performs other tasks, to start and operate peripheral machines.
5. Observes machine operation and error lights on machines to detect malfunction. Additionally, operates and maintains the bindery equipment (Stitcher, Folder and Cutter). May be requested to assist with repairs and preventative maintenance of the photocopiers around the vessel as instructed by the Hotel Director.
6. Enforces Quality Control of all printed material to ensure they are free from defects to include creases, tears, poor ink coverage, misalignments, misshapes, utilization of correct and appropriate paper stock and/or other issues that detract from the professional nature of the final document.
7. Removes faulty materials and notifies supervisor of error or machine stoppage. Troubleshoots and performs simple repairs.
8. Unloads and labels documents for delivery to other worker or tape library.
9. Separates, folds, staples, sorts, cuts and distributes output.
10. Cleans and supplies equipment operated with paper, ink, film, developing solution and other materials. Properly disposes of inks, fountain solutions and cleaning supplies in accordance with guidelines set forth by the Environmental Officer. Follows all safety guidelines for the handling, storage and disposal of flammable rags and paper.
11. Operates Badge and Sign making equipment and fulfills orders for same from all departments as approved by the Hotel Director.
12. Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship’s standard operation, in order to assist guests and crewmembers with inquiries.
13. Responsible to maintain adequate printing and paper supplies onboard at all times.
14. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
15. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
2-3 years printing experience in a professional multi-color, high quality print shop
Working knowledge of various software packages utilized in a printing environment such as PageMaker, Adobe and word processing
Contract length: 26 weeks on / up to 2 months off
Salary: Please contact the agency in regards salary