The Photographer is responsible for photographing daily events, including, but not limited to embarkation, gangways, dining rooms, portraits and any other events that may require a photographer to be present to document the event(s). Photographers will also work on gangways or in other areas “in character” as a photo mascot. Photo Gallery duties include delivering excellent customer service while handling sales of photo and retail items, and ensuring products are well displayed and merchandised to company standards.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
▪ Photograph events onboard and ashore as required, always being proactive to maximize image counts and image quality in order to meet established performance goals
▪ Wear mascot costumes inside/outside the ship for photo shoots, engaging guests with lively energy and enthusiasm at all times
▪ Deliver excellent customer service at all times by presenting a friendly, warm and calm attitude towards guest and continuously following the highest standards.
▪ Proactively assist guests in the Photo Gallery in locating their photos to maximize sales of photos and retail products.
▪ Proactively strive to enhance photography and sales skills to achieve sales and image capture performance targets on a regular basis.
▪ Follow trained departmental and shipboard environmental rules and regulations.
▪ Use a range of photographic equipment, including but not limited to digital SLR cameras, portrait studio equipment, computers and image editing software.
▪ Assist with set up, breakdown and storage of the Portrait Studio equipment.
▪ Assist with set up and breakdown of photo gallery retail displays, marketing materials, and photographs. Help maintain photo gallery and sales areas clean and organized as per company operating procedures.
▪ Proactively promote photo services and products when interacting with guests
Leads with Passion, Drive and Energy
• Promotes team unity at all levels within the Photo Team and collaborates well with shipboard and shoreside management
• Shows motivation to learn and grow in the department.
Acts with Integrity
• Maintains guests’ and employee confidence and protects the organization’s reputation by keeping guest and company information confidential. Enhances department and company reputation by accepting ownership and accomplishing a diversity of requests while exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
• Creates a climate of trust and mutual respect
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
minimum of six months experience as a photographer required, preferably in a high-volume souvenir photography business
strong demonstrated knowledge and understanding of photographic exposure, composition and focus is essential
must be able to use a modern Digital SLR camera, hot-shoe mounted flash and other professional equipment
basic knowledge and experience to operate basic computer systems and touchscreen kiosks is required
excellent ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially
Contract length: 26 weeks on / up to 2 months off
Salary: Please contact the agency in regards salary