We’re on an exciting journey to create one of the most irresistible travel brands in the world and are building an epic team to help make our ambition a reality. We are on the hunt for a super talented ‘someone’ who likes to cause a stir & shake things up.
Ever thought to yourself “Save water & drink Champagne”?! … Us too! This ‘someone’ is a walking reference book for spirits, wine, beer, and cocktails for our lovely ladyship, Scarlet. They are full of knowledge and passionate about creating unique experiences through beverage trends.
In other words, this ‘someone’ needs to know how to Make Ship Happen. Your excellent attention to detail and self-starter mentality means you can think quick on your feet and keep calm when ship gets real. Ultimately, we won’t be able to remember how we got by without you.
At Virgin, your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We want you to bring it to our hang out spot and help make the place even better. So, we won’t be surprised to hear that when people talk about you they say you are clever, on top of it, able to think ahead, intuitive, passionate and someone people respect and enjoy working with because you make things happen.
● Provide an epic experience for our guests at all times
● Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections available in the assigned outlet
● Maintain complete knowledge of designated glassware and garnishes for each drink
● Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, proper table set ups, room capacity, hours of operation, menus, price range and dress code of assigned outlet
● Competently and with style open and serve wine/champagne bottles
● Fully knowledgeable in standard cocktail recipes, wine lists, spirits, other alcoholic beverages, garnishes and presentations
● Responsible for planning and leading the training all bar staff in the making, garnishing and delivering of new beverages via ‘on the job’ training
● Works with F&B Director to plan and execute Sailor experiences such as cocktail making, liquor tastings, beer seminars, food pairing, industry competitions etc.
● Assists the Beverage Manager and Assistant Beverage Manager in the operation and supervision of all Public bars, lounges, decks and crew bar
● Ensures a professional service is delivered to sailors at all times and personal appearance and uniform are kept to company standards
● Be familiar with all cruise services/features and activations to respond to Sailor inquiries accurately
● Assists Bartenders during busy hours as well as providing coverage during breaks where necessary
● Assists in ensuring that all beverage stocks in the bars, lockers and pantries are used, stored, inventoried and accounted for following company policy
● Responsible for monitoring the inventory of specialty glasses, utensils and bar kits ensuring all are in pristine condition at all times
● Ensures cost awareness by monitoring breakage, spoilage, waste