The Lighting Technician is responsible for the basic maintenance, repair and operation of Entertainment Lighting Systems for all shows. The technician will also perform preventive maintenance & basic repair on lighting systems, while assisting other technicians with scenery changovers and maintenance.
The Lighting Technician is expected to maintain and inspect all lighting equipment and to track inventory in order to ensure that all related equipment and supplies are available for the shows. This person must also be available to assist other technicians whenever needed.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
* Maintain the lighting design as set by the design teams & Norwegian Cruise Line.
* In the event that production show lighting design needs to be modified for operational circumstances, notes must be taken so that the show can be returned to the original lighting design.
* Assist with all scenic changeovers and ensures they are completed in a safe and timely manner.
* Design and program a professional high standard lighting for cabaret/variety entertainers, charter clients, shows, (such as Comedian, Magician, Singers etc.)
* Maintain all entertainment lighting equipment onboard to ensure its 100% workable and report any damaged, broken or non-working elements to the TechnicalSupervisor/Electronics Engineer Jr.
* Maintain up to date auditable inventory of all entertainment as requested by Technical Supervisor.
* Performs preventive maintenance cleaning on all entertainment lighting equipment, on the vessel with the help of the Technical staff.
* Performs maintenance testing and basic troubleshooting of lighting rig prior to show time and inform Technical Supervisor/Entertainment Production Manager of any malfunction.
* Performs visual monthly inspection of all safety cables for entertainment lighting systems vessel wide and report defects or missing items to Technical Supervisor.
* Creates and maintains detailed and accurate Tracking Sheets to Technical Supervisorand/or Entertainment Production Manager.
* Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
* Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
Two years experience running lights in a theatrical setting or four years experience in various venues such as ships, theatres clubs.
Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Musical theatre productions, backstage operations and safe rigging practices.
Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of moving lights programming and design including Various Martin Products. (for example Mac600, Mac2k, Mac250krypton, Mac500, MAC TW1) Various laser systems including Pangolin. Various High End products (for example DL1, catalyst etc.)
Advanced knowledge of various light systems which include Martin Maxxyz Compact, Light Jockey, Maxxyz PC, Mac 2000, Mac III, Mac 250, 550,101,301, Seachangers, Color scrollers, High-end DL1’s, various Lasers, Dayton Watch out systems.
Intermediate knowledge of Audio systems.
Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Outlook.
Contract length: 28 weeks on/ 8 weeks off
Salary: Please contact the agency in regards salary