Monitoring and operating designated aquatic recreation spaces including, opening and closing while ensuring safety around the pool and beach areas. Set up and verify that supplies and equipment are available during operating hours, replenish and maintain as needed.. Interact with Guests and provide any directions/Guest service assistance. Assist with other departments as directed by Leadership based on skills and performance.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
Perfect opportunities begin at Perfect Day!
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in CocoCay, Bahamas. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s Royal Way Experience, SQM standards, USPH guidelines, environmental, and safety policies. Each Island employee may be required to perform other functions in various venues and throughout the Island In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of Anchored in Excellence, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow employees.
· Perform rescue of guests in danger of drowning and be alert to accidents.
· Administer first aid, CPR, Oxygen and AED as needed.
· Monitor activities around aquatic and beach recreational facilities to prevent or preempt injuries and provide assistance to guests as and when required, while ensuring the well-being of guests within the area.
· Report and follow up with any accidents, injuries or incidents around the aquatic recreational and/or beach activities.
· Ensure the pool and beach areas are tidy, answer questions, enforce policies, rules and regulations in a polite yet confident manner.
· Ensure guest interactions are kept to a minimum while on watch to avoid distraction, at the same time providing a positive guest experience.
· Monitor and operate designated aquatic recreational spaces including, but not limited to; opening and closing procedures , monitoring pool locations, water attractions and general activities around the pool and beach areas.
· Work outdoors guarding aquatic recreational areas, which involves standing in the sun exposed to external elements throughout the day.
· Be fully lifeguard qualified and certified, and maintain company required qualifications and licenses.
· Participate in regular training, including but not limited to; Lifeguard training, CPR/First Aid, AED, recurring in-service training, re-certification, and any other as deemed appropriate from management.
· Set up and verify that supplies and equipment are available during operating hours and maintain as needed.
· Interact with Guests and provide any directions/Guest service assistance.
· Monitor communication with Lead Lifeguard and/or Lifeguard Management or other areas.
· Communicate with the Lifeguard Management and Island Management by radio in emergency situations or as deemed necessary.
· Assist with other duties as outlined by Leadership.
· Any other reasonable request by Leadership including development and training classes.
· Attend emergency duties / drills as assigned in the ships Emergency Management Safety Plan.
· Perform other related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by management.
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personalized service including needs assessment, problem resolution and achievement of quality service standards
Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required
Have a good command of English to understand and enforce rules in a polite and effective manner
Must be physically fit and able bodied to be trained as a lifeguard
Demonstrate the ability to swim 50 meters using freestyle or breaststroke without rest or touching the pool bottom, retrieve a 10 lb. weight from the deepest part of the pool and tread water for 1 (one) minute without use of hands
All employees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drill