Collect soiled linen, sorting, washing, ironing, dry cleaning and transferring linen designated areas as needed.
Consistently conducts his/her self in a professional and courteous manner. This consists of physical
and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest
contact and crew member areas.
1. Prepare soiled linen for washing.
2. Sorting linen by degree of soil and type of fabric.
3. Ensure linen is free of garbage and sorted by color.
4. Check for any tears or damage of all clothes from guests and crew before washing and report any bad condition to the Laundry Master.
5. Load, using properly weighted loads and select proper formula on washers.
6. Laundering of all onboard linen, Guest clothes, crewmembers' clothes and uniforms.
7. Ironing and Dry Cleaning.
8. Inform the Laundry Master about any malfunction on finishing equipment or problems with safety mechanisms.
9. Proper use of chemicals.
10. Fold and stack linen on shelves.
11. Inspect the quality of linen on shelves.
12. Cleaning of all equipment.
13. Cleaning dryer lint screens.
14. Check safety devises, turning o n steam, water and air valves.
15. Check iron roll pressure.
16. Report leaking valves, damaged insulation, air and water path.
17. Keep the work area safe, clean and neat.
18. Other duties may be assigned. Understand and can apply in work practices environmental policies and procedures concerning such functions as collection, sorting and disposal of solid wastes and use of chemicals associated with cleaning, dry cleaning and laundry operations.
19. Know and follow all SQM policies.
20. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.