Manage all food preparation in crew/officer galley, ensuring that company’s high culinary standards are maintained within the established budget. Assist the Executive Chef in his duties as requested.
The Junior Sous Chef plays an important role in providing quality meals to the crew. The Junior Sous Chef needs to follow recipes and menu cycles, which have been designed by the shore side culinary department. Decision on using the fresh produce and producing food ultimately results in satisfying the ship’s company, which will positively affect the crew, and ultimately the guests cruise experience.
The Junior Sous Chef will report directly to the Executive Chef de Cuisine.
1. Assist with meeting budgeted food cost targets and savings for the entire operation. 2. Assist with maintaining company standards for food service and achieving the galley’s annual goal for scores on the crew comment cards. 3. Assist with establishing and monitoring standard operating procedures throughout the ship. 4. To be familiar with and execute the Seabourn HESS-MS appropriate to their position. 5. Supervise crew galley and crew/officer mess to minimize waste. 6. Evaluate performance of crew galley staff per Seabourn personnel policy. 7. Ensure that policies and procedures for the food program and crew menu cycles are established and followed. 8. Ensure recipes are followed and high standards of cooking maintained. 9. Co-ordinate cleaning and maintenance of crew/officer mess facility with the Sanitation Officer
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
• Degree/Diploma from accredited culinary college or university
• Strong command of the English language combined with good written skills
• 3+ years experience in a 5 star + hotel, cruise ship or high-profile restaurant performing the functions of a similar position
• 1+ year in same or similar position
• Certification from accredited advanced food safety program. Extensive knowledge in VSP preferred
• Preferred knowledge of cruise ship catering operation and food preparation for various nationalities
• Thorough knowledge of food preparation, presentation and preservation procedures
Contract length: 4 months on/2 months off
Salary: Please contact the agency in regards salary