Manages inventory levels, accuracy rates, and inventory controls onboard the vessel for the Hotel Department while partnering with the supply chain to achieve shipboard and shoreside goals. Manages Food & Beverage and Hotel Storekeepers to implement and execute proper inventory control procedures and processes. Maximizes inventory counts while managing carrying costs effectively.
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s The Royal Way, SQM standards, USPH guidelines, environmental, and safety policies. Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various food and beverage service venues throughout the ship.
In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of Anchored in Excellence, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas.
1. Manages the inventory function including the successful identification of expense reduction. Assigns duties, responsibilities and workstations to employees. Observes and evaluates employees and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service is met. Initiates personnel actions such as new hire requests and discharges, to ensure proper staffing. Approves overtime needs.
2. Reviews overtime requests against loading schedules to determine appropriate needs and approves amounts accordingly. Reviews and approves timesheets. Prepares a variety of reports and letters utilizing personal computer system and equipment.
3. Provides on-the-job training to subordinate staff to strengthen their current performance and preparation for possible advancement.
4. Reviews event schedules and related information and confers with management to determine supply requirements, identifies overdue materials and tracks material.
5. Establishes a Materials Requirement Planning process that drives the requisitioning of materials for all hotel-related functions including food and beverage, hotel consumable and disposable items and facilities management.
6. Monitors requisitions of supplies and materials in accordance to inventory management objectives. Monitors at all times USPH procedures for sanitation and cleanliness and monitors workstations and staff for adherence to those procedures.
7. Conducts cycle counts and physical inventories of stock according to a preferred classification of goods (ABC).
8. Publishes performance metrics report relating to inventory accuracy, turnover, space utilization, order efficiency, and obsolescence on a regular basis. Delivers results to shipboard Hotel Director and shoreside Supply Chain Manager.
9. Implements inventory control procedures and proper stock rotation techniques to properly receive, put away, pick, issue, and re-stock goods to and from the storerooms onboard.
10. Arranges for delivery of supplies to various areas to meet their schedules. Inspects supplies and materials delivered for conformance to specifications. Reports any discrepancies to Purchasing.
11. Coordinates the physical receipt and handling of goods on loading days. Arranges for adequate staffing of resources to support the receiving, storage and distribution of provisions and supplies.
12. Ensures material handling equipment (forklifts, lifts, etc.) are maintained routinely and repaired as necessary with the assistance and support of the onboard Facilities Manager. Demonstrates the proper operation of all equipment to staff according to proper procedures.
13. Utilizes both manual procedures and computerized systems tools to track inventory status, location, usage rates, expiration dates, and other key data.
14. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
15. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
• 3-5 years experience in inventory, materials, or logistics management
• Previous food and beverage management experience in a large hotel, resort, cruise ship, casino, entertainment environment, etc.
• Knowledge of public health standards (USPH) related to storeroom management of food and beverage products.
• Demonstrated aptitude for the financial aspects of an inventory operation, including the successful identification of expense reduction through cost efficiencies and revenue growth. Demonstrated aptitude for the management of headcount within assigned area, as it relates to and supports the business needs of the vessel.
• Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety software packages such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Bachelor’s degree in logistics, materials management business administration or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent is preferred.
Contract length: 17 weeks
Salary: Please contact the agency in regards salary