In partnership with Department Heads, responsible for the strategic implementation of Shipboard HR processes and procedures across all departments including; Employee Relations, Employee Communication, Training & Development, Coaching & Counselling, Quality of Life and Leadership Training.
Responsible for providing leadership in the area of employee relations; internal guidance and assistance to dept. heads and shipboard managers on HR issues.
• Provide an accessible nurturing environment to handle employee relations issues using effective conflict resolution, assist in arbitrating disputes and resolving grievances, while guiding team members towards the correct outcome.
• In partnership with Senior Officers, takes a leadership role onboard implementing and sustaining the Viking Universal Service Standards.
• Develop, evaluate and modify HR processes, policies and procedures to ensure onboard departments can comply with requirements, as well as ensuring all legal and regulatory requirements are met.
• Participate in all investigations related to employee performance or policy violations.
• Facilitates employee resignation process including Exit interviews and communication with management where necessary.
• Take a leadership role with Senior Officers and shipboard management in the “Quality of Life” of all employees onboard.
• Proactively visits and monitors employee work areas to ensure there is a positive work environment and interacts fully with all employees.
• Responsible for leadership development onboard including feedback, assessments and training.
• Responsible for facilitating all change of department requests as per company procedure.
• In partnership with department heads, play a vital role in positively communicating organizational change initiatives, new company policies and procedures that effect shipboard employees.
• Ensure confidentiality and discretion of all employee information, including but not limited to: Discipline, investigations and other sensitive information and matters of a private nature.
• Represent the HR department in a professional and positive manner.
• Establish a career progression process to be used onboard ensuring transparency, fairness, sufficient skill level and experience.
• Active participation in onboard training programs.
• Coordinate and be actively involved in special projects and fulfill any other associated requirements as directed by the Director of Human Resources.