(1) Responsible for all hair appointments.
(2) If there are no appointments after finishing the regular side duties, the Chief
Housekeeper can assign other duties related to housekeeping, depending on the vessel. (3) Cleaning Captain’s, Hotel Manager’s and Cruise Director’s cabin daily, the cabins of
Executive Chef, 2nd Captain and Engineer twice a week.
(4) The Hairdresser appointments have priority to the other housekeeping duties.
(5) On vessels with no Masseur in charge, the Hairdresser has to take over massage duties as per Hotel manager’s instructions as well and will not be assigned any Housekeeping
(6) To guarantee smooth service operations in strict adherence to all relevant hygiene
(HACCP), safety and environmental regulations in his/her assigned area
(7) Responsible for the careful handling of all equipment and machinery in the entire service
(8) Responsible for the cleaning of the assigned work area
(9) Other side duties:
- After Welcome and Farewell cocktail, the Hairdresser has to help at the bar;
cleaning and polishing the glasses.
(10) Always available as contact for passengers regarding complaints and suggestions. (11) Keep a log/report of all Hairdresser’s and Masseur’s appointments.
Qualifications / Experience
· Qualified training as a Hairdresser, Master craftsman’s diploma
· Several years of relevant work experience
· Experience in managing complaints, living up to service
· Good educational background
· Fluent in spoken English and/or German, depending on the vessel
· Minimum age 21 years
· Flexible, trustworthy, efficient, reliable, able to work under pressure
· Creativity, cost and quality awareness
· Team player
· Respectful, friendly and professional conduct towards passengers and crew
· Integrity, good manners, well-groomed appearance
Area of responsibility / authority
In his/her assigned area of service, the Hairdresser is a competent specialist.
Deputy in case of absence
Another Hairdresser, Masseur or Cabin Stewardess