The Guest Services Officer will be responsible for ‘Delivering the Wow’ while demonstrating exemplary problem resolution skills to our guests at all times. Actively listens and extends assistance in order to resolve all guest issues and concerns. A strong guest satisfaction disposition is mandatory, a people person, with a great sense of humor. The Guest Services Officer must possess outstanding hospitality, focused customer service, strong communication and organizational skills and effective decision-making abilities. Maintaining a high level of professional appearance and demeanor at all times. Enhances department and company reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Royal Caribbean International expects each shipboard management team member to relentlessly exemplify the principles of the Anchored in Excellence Credo to all team members. In addition, all duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s Gold Anchor Standards, SQM standards, USPH guidelines, environmental, and safety policies.
1. In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of Anchored in Excellence , each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This applies to physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas.
2. Greets all guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Uses a positive and clear speaking voice, taking the time to understand all requests in detail. Responds to escalated guest concerns in a considerate, professional and positive manner by showing empathy and listening actively.
3. Always ‘Looking the Part’ the Guest Services Officer plays a key role in being the first impression for the brand and our guests. Through effective ownership and by taking initiative to ‘Own the Problem’ the Guest Services Officer will whenever possible seek to take accountability for delivering outstanding problem resolution.
4. Responsible for being a determined and focused performer in a team of empowered Guest Services professionals who will strive to deliver focused and extraordinary customer service in accordance to Guest Services Vision and Mission Statement. Taking ownership and accountability for reacting to guest feedback and requests effectively and efficiently. Through maintaining knowledge of all guest ratings and comments assists in maintaining a culture throughout the Guest Services team for owning issues and resolving to the full.
5. Maintains current knowledge of all ship’s regular events and special functions by reviewing all available data in order to provide guests with accurate and up-to-date information to answer questions and handle any special requests.
6. Provides cash and guest account services at the Guest Services desk such as accepting cash payments, cashing personal or Traveler’s checks or exchanging foreign currencies. Follows established procedures to maintain, safeguard, balance and reconcile, assigned cash float. Assists guests during boarding and departure process, including establishing onboard credit, selling and printing Explorations! Tickets and closing of guest accounts.
7. Provides all services of the Guest Services desk; including, but not limited to: tracing missing luggage, baby-sitting arrangements, cash services, safety deposit box service, lost and found service, printing and issuing of guest Sea Pass cards, and broadcasting ships announcements.
8. Assists guests with immigration and customs procedures and forms.
9. Must practice sound and prudent business sense and high professional ethics at all times. Maintains guests’ confidence and protects organization reputation by keeping guest and company information confidential.
10. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities, as required.
11. Proper telephone etiquette is a key requirement. Must ensure that telephones are answered
promptly using positive and clear English communication, using the guest name at all times
where possible. Responsible for spending time manning the Telecom exchange as deemed
required by the Guest Services Management.
12. Enhances department and company reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new
and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
13. Maintains safe, secure, and healthy environment by enforcing organizational standards, procedures, and legal regulations. Effectively monitors, overseas and makes improvements to workplace safety within the division and throughout the ship. Attends mandatory crew and guest safety as required, including meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities.
14. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.