The focal point of The Guest Relations Officer’s (GRO) role revolves around ensuring total guest
satisfaction through personalized service and memorable experiences.
The GRO will achieve this by embodying exemplary problem resolution skills, keen listening
skills, strong communication and organizational skills and genuine social skills. By taking the
initiative, being proactive in identifying solutions, and following up in a timely manner, the GRO
will successfully resolve all guest challenges and concerns.
The GRO must possess effective decision-making abilities, while maintaining the utmost level of
professionalism with respect to appearance and demeanor at all times. The GRO will consistently
maintain the departmental and company integrity by accepting ownership for all service recovery
initiatives and interactions.
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety,
Quality and Environmental standards. In accordance with the Company's Service and Etiquette
Philosophy program, each employee shall conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow
shipboard employees, in the presence of guests or in crewmember areas.
Provides all services of the Guest Relations Desk; including, but not limited 1. to: lost luggage,
stateroom changes, lost and found service, printing and issuing guest cruise cards, and
broadcasting ships announcements.
2. Answers inquiries pertaining to Guest Relations services and general information.
3. Responds to guest concerns in a considerate, professional and positive manner by showing
empathy and listening actively.
4. Takes ownership of guest concerns, by following-up and ensuring complaints are resolved to
the guest’s satisfaction.
5. Maintains Guest Relations Resolution Log.
6. Maintains knowledge of all ship’s regular events and special functions by reviewing all
available sources (vessel’s Daily Program, etc) in order to provide guests with accurate
information to answer questions and handle special requests.
7. Registers guests for a variety of functions and/or services such as Captain’s Club parties,
tuxedo rentals, as well as assist with the disembarkation procedure requests.
8. Sells and maintains inventory of certain items at the Guest Relations Desk, such as menus,
robes, cookbooks, etc.
9. Assists the Financial Controller with exchanging foreign currency, travelers´ checks, and
collection of payment on guest accounts.
10. Performs Bank duties on a regular basis.
11. Responsible for the “Bank” cash float and balancing of the float on a daily basis.
12. Understands the Safety & Quality Management Program, and his/her responsibilities in the
Safety Organization according to the Emergency plan and Station Bill. Must be available,
capable and ready to act in the event of an emergency.
13. Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship’s standard
operation, in order to assist guests and crewmembers with inquiries.
14. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
15. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that
these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position.
Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by
their supervisor or management.
16. As needed, under the guidance of the Hotel Director, may be called upon to assist with Star
Code duties, and/or following a Star Code, to assist a guest.