Management of all the pastry shipboard food preparation to ensure that the line’s high culinary standard of cuisine is maintained within the budgetary limitation established as company policy. Assists the Executive Chef in his duties.
The Executive Pastry Chef is directly responsible to ensure they carry out all responsibilities delegated by the Executive Chef. Along with the shore side corporate staff. Making sure that guest satisfaction of the food product in their outlet meets and on occasions exceeds the Seabourn standard. They also ensure that staff is trained in order to provide the service necessary for the continued service we provide on board. The decisions made regarding food costs and waste management is imperative to the success of the company as well as team morale and support to the management.
The Executive Pastry Chef reports directly to the Executive Chef.
Assists the Executive Chef in his duties.
Assist that all standard operation procedures are in place, adhered to and being followed throughout the ship.
Evaluate assigned galley staff as per Seabourn personnel policy within the pastry.
Implement training sessions for galley staff that is involved in food preparation within the pastry.
Oversee the care, treatment and training on galley equipment, over the pastry galley
Control inventory and maintenance records of durable (non-food) items.
Control hours worked in his team. At the same time to ensure that overtime is kept to a minimum level.
Maintain log sheet of all liquors and wines for food preparation in galley.
Actively involved in yield and portion control in conjunction with Executive Chef.
Ensure that waste control is in place, grocery breakage minimized and garbage separation followed.
Assist loading on the pier that all-perishable food items are of highest quality before bringing on board.
Responsible for ensuring that personnel under his/her supervision are familiar with the Seabourn HESS-MS.
Control and monitor cooling logs and blast chiller procedures. Follow up on daily checklists.
Maintain physical spot checks in all fresh produce fridges in The Grill kitchen.
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
• Formal degree in food management from a recognized International culinary institution
• Proof of continuing education translated in certificates or letter of participation in specialized courses what kind of courses
• Strong command of the English language combined with writing skills
• 5+ years experience in a 5 stars + hotel, cruise ship or high-profile restaurant performing the functions of a similar position
• 2+ years in same or similar position
• Certification from accredited advanced food safety program. Extensive knowledge in VSP preferred
• Preferred knowledge of cruise ship-catering operation
• Thorough knowledge of food preparation, presentation and preservation procedures. Thorough knowledge of Public Health and Sanitation's regulations and procedures
• Effective planner, problem solver and ability of successful implementations
• Ability to execute and follow up on food promotions and other activities that will increase guest cruising experience
Contract length: 4 months on/2 months off
Salary: Please contact the agency in regards salary