The Entertainment Media Specialist (EMS) operates shipboard video media systems, including onboard Broadcast Television, shipwide video distribution and playback in entertainment venues, Production Show Elements, Coolux video systems, video projection, LED video walls, and networking of all systems related to video and media. The Entertainment Media Specialist accomplishes this by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s The Royal Way, SQM standards, USPH guidelines, environmental, and safety policies. Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various food and beverage service venues throughout the ship.
In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of Anchored in Excellence, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guests or other crew members.
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various venues and throughout the ship.
1. Reporting Structure
· The EMS reports directly to the Head Broadcast Technician or the Head Entertainment Media Specialist.
· On a daily basis, communicates with the Head Broadcast Technician or Head Entertainment Media Specialist to review the requirements of the day’s events and timeframes.
· Ensures necessary video equipment is prepared on time for all events based on event requirements.
· Executes the daily work schedule of video systems operations as per posted schedules
· Ensures television programming is scheduled and aired daily as planned. Confers with Head Broadcast Technician or Head Entertainment Media Specialist on TV programming schedule and recorded events.
· Uses approved sources for television & video programming.
· Ensures quality control over all TV and video channels via ongoing monitoring and adjustment of incoming and outgoing signals for clarity, reliability and signal strength.
· Assists to maintain Broadcast Control Center, ship wide TV system, Coolux & other video servers, projection, and LED videowall equipment. Communicates with Head Broadcast Technician or Head Entertainment Media Specialist on inventory of spare parts requirement.
· Understands and operates overall Broadcast Control Center operations, including video servers, routing systems, patch bays, network infrastructure, QAM and IPTV encoding systems, video cameras, video switching, video editing systems and satellite TV systems.
· Performs production shoots in conjunction with the Cruise Director. Operates video recording equipment to record production and related shows onboard.
· Assists other users of public space television display systems on proper use and maintenance of equipment, i.e.: training a manager how to use the equipment in his/her area.
· Shoots, edits and produces shoreside approved commercials to promote onboard revenue areas. Shoots, edits and produces approved onboard video content.
· Reviews equipment for maintenance needs, updates maintenance logs and coordinates shipment when repairs are needed.
· Clean, store and preform preventive maintenance of broadcast equipment.
· Ongoing training and practice of onboard video systems to increase competency.
· Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
· Trains and familiarize new hire Entertainment Media Specialist to strengthen performance and preparation for possible promotions and emergency backup needs.
· Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
3. Administrative Function
· Attends applicable entertainment and shipboard related meetings as required.
· Must understand and comply with all company policies and procedures.