Under the direction of the Cruise Director and Assistant Cruise Director, the Entertainment Administrator is responsible for the quality and presentation of all printed materials on board including the Freestyle Daily and special publications as assigned. The Entertainment Administrator will also assist with Cruise Staff programs and activities as needed.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
• The Entertainment Administrator will act as a liaison between the Cruise Director and other Department & Division Heads, Entertainers, Guest Lecturers and Clergy.
• Responsible for the layout, presentation and accuracy of the Freestyle Daily, following the guidelines and policies set forth with new branding and written materials.
• Must be familiar with all general and departmental information of the ship in regards to staterooms, facilities, service and activities available on board.
• Oversee and maintain professional look of all printed materials used by the department such as trivia sheets, Karaoke books, crossword puzzles, etc.
• The Entertainment Administrator will provide any supervision necessary for the Cruise Staff to assist with corrections, additions, printing and copying of any of the printed materials on board for the department.
• Must be able to take and transcribe notes accurately from the Cruise Director’s meetings for distribution.
• The Entertainment Administrators responsible for serving as an effective leader in any of the assigned Cruise Staff activities, ensuring that each event takes place safely and promptly as scheduled.
• It is the responsibility of the Entertainment Administrator to aid in the training of new Entertainment Administrator team members.
• Each Entertainment Administrator must have the ability to serve as an effective Master or Mistress of Ceremonies.
• Each Entertainment Administrator must have the ability to work as a team member in cooperation with other Cruise Staff members, as well as with all other on board departments.
• The Entertainment Administrator will assist in the ordering and storing of all supplies, gifts & prizes.
• Responsible for Cruise Staff inventories including Deal or No Deal, Bingo, Instant Wins, gifts & prizes, sports equipment, costumes, games, etc.
• Responsible for recording all Safety Meeting minutes and ensuring the Entertainment Department is completely updated with Computer Based Trainings, Familiarization Forms, and Platinum Promises.
• It is the responsibility of the Entertainment Administrator constantly maintains organization and safe storing practices of all Cruise Staff storage areas.
• It is the responsibility of the Entertainment Administrator to be accessible and approachable with the guests. He/She must be capable of being a patient listener while making the guests feels at home.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
• Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.