1. Supports the First Doctor with respect to organizing hospital operation and managing subordinated staff
2. Takes medical decisions freely and as per his/her discretion in accordance with state-of- the-art medical science. Consults First Doctor for difficult/complex decisions or whenever a second opinion is required.
3. Billing of passenger treatment in accordance with applicable cruise line provisions
4. Participates in maintenance of the narcotic inventory
5. Participates in hygiene and safety inspections
6. Participates in continuing first aid training on a regular basis for crew members
7. Ensure proper documentation and archiving of medical data and reports in compliance of medical confidentiality and other legal requirements
8. In case of medical emergency by passengers or crew, the Ship's doctor is required to provide first medical assistance at any place on board the ship at any time
9. Reporting to the First Doctor notifying him/her of any special issues and major illnesses.
10. Participate in conduction regular doctors meeting.
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
Medical Degree Certificate
Experience as a specialist for general medicine, surgery, internal medicine or anesthesia and emergency medicine
X-ray qualification desirable
Good knowledge of English and German, confident MS Office skills
Contract length: 4 months on / 2 months off
Salary: Please contact the agency in regards salary