o provide medical services to all Guests and, when required, Crewmembers. The Doctor shall assist the Staff Captain and Senior Doctor in all shipboard health-related matters including outbreak prevention, and illness reporting as required by international, national and company policies.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
• Reports directly to the Senior Doctor, and for medically related issues, reports directly to the Medical Director. • Serves as advisor to the Master and Staff Captain on all matters related to Medical Center services, Guest, and Crewmember health matters and hygienic conditions onboard the vessel. • Holds a Basic Safety Course Certificate and appropriate licenses and certificates as required by regulations. • To be present during all clinic hours. Supervises and provides competent medical care to both Crewmembers and Guests as required, keeping the Master and Staff Captain advised of all matters of consequence. • Oversee inventory of medical supplies and monitors hospital budget. The Doctor, together with the rest of the medical team, is responsible for the annual budgeting of the Medical Center’s consumable supplies and medications. • Maintains a confidential relationship between doctor and patient. However, if the Doctor suspects a serious contagious illness which could affect the well-being of others, the Doctor will report directly to the Staff Captain and Medical Director. • Maintains a professional working atmosphere. This includes providing adequate privacy while examining patients. In the event a male physician examines a female patient in any state of undress, the ship’s female Nurse shall accompany him. • Participates in monthly safety meetings, assists in making recommendations which improve overall safety of the ship. • Oversee the administration and safekeeping of all medications and drugs in accordance with regulations and Company policy. At least once a month or when there is a change in medical staff, a drug count shall be held, which the Staff Captain shall be present to verify. • Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position. • Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
Three (3) years minimum clinical experience in Acute Care setting, after completion of a recognized Medical training program is required.
• One (1) year practical experience in Advanced Cardiac Life Support is required.
• One (1) year experience in diagnosing and treating a broad range of medical conditions is required, including experience performing minor surgery such as suturing, removal of benign skin lesions, removal of foreign objects, removal of ingrown toenails, identification of and immobilizing of simple fractures.
• Intermediate to Advanced verbal and written level of English is required
• Medical Degree from a recognized College or University is required
• Active Medical License valid for the duration of the contract from Country or State/Province of origin is required.
• Certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support within one year of application and valid for the duration of the contract, with renewal of Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification every two years from a recognized educational institution is required.
• Completion of a recognized Medical specialty training program is required, in at least one of the following: Emergency Medicine, General Practice, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, or General Surgery or equivalent in their home country.
• ACLS, ATLS and PALS certification required.
Contract length: 4 months on / 2 months off
Salary: Please contact the agency in regards salary