Hosts and participates in shipboard recreational, entertainment and social programs geared towards adults and families. Serves as master of ceremonies to motivate, inform and entertain small and large groups of guests.
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s Gold Anchor Standards, SQM standards, USPH guidelines, environmental, and safety policies. Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various venues and throughout the ship. 1. In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of Anchored in Excellence , each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas.
2. Maintains continual interaction with the guests. Hosts and participates in adult and family recreational programs and activities.
3. Participates in embarkation and debarkation procedures by disseminating information, and directing and escorting guests to staterooms and or exits.
4. Socializes with guests in public areas at all times in accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s Gold Anchor Standards. Visits guest lounges at specified times to converses with as many guests as possible in the time allotted.
5. Attends Captain’s Cocktail Party to provide introductions and coordinates the flow of the reception line.
6. Participates in directing guests on and off the gangways when the ship has arrived in the ports of call.
7. Escorts guests on shore excursion tours to ensure Gold Anchor Standards are met. Utilizes opportunity to socialize with guests and is available for guest assistance. Monitors tour operators to ensure quality controls and standards are met. Reports issues or problems to Explorations! Manager or other appropriate party.
8. Instructs and participates in the ShipShape Program or Sports Court activities on Voyager class ships, by instructing, organizing or facilitating various activities and/or tournaments. May serve as master of ceremonies for the activities.
9. Participates in shows and events presented by the Cruise Director’s Division by taking part in skits, and/ or simple dance routines. Instructs, organizes or facilitates various activities and/or tournaments. May serve as master of ceremonies for activities. This includes the Welcome Aboard Show, Farewell Show, Cruise Staff Cocktail Shows, Captain’s cocktail reception, Crown & Anchor Club, out island activities, etc. Voyager class ship events include Royal Promenade, and Studio B.
10. Participates as master of ceremonies or host for special group functions such as, but not limited to, charters, affinity, promotional, incentive, presentations, and various theme night arrangements.
11. May assists guests in the internet café with computer operation, instruction and navigation, etc.
12. Operates spotlight equipment for production shows according to instructions as needed, when stage staff are required to perform duties backstage. Attends mandatory rehearsals as required. Assists in the coordination of audio or visual equipment for events as needed.
13. Assembles and disassembles pre and post activity props and equipment. Returns items to storage area.
14. Maintains inventory of various prize lockers, office supplies and consumable items utilized in the backstage areas. Coordinates with the Cruise Programs Administrator, Central Stores and Provision area when requisitioning supplies.
15. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
16. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
Contract length: 29 weeks on/ up to 56 days
Salary: Please contact the agency in regards salary