Hosts and participates in shipboard recreational, entertainment and social programs geared towards adults and families. Serves as master of ceremonies to motivate, inform and entertain small and large groups of guests throughout their cruise vacation. Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various venues and throughout the ship.
1. In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of Anchored in Excellence, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas.
2. Maintains continual interaction with the guests. Hosts and participates in adult and family recreational programs and activities.
3. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
· Participates in embarkation and debarkation procedures by disseminating information, and directing and escorting guests to staterooms and or exits.
· Participates in greeting and directing guests on and off the gangways when the ship has arrived in the ports of call.
· Participates as master of ceremonies or host for special group functions such as, but not limited to, charters, affinity, promotional, incentive, presentations, and various theme night arrangements.
· Assembles and disassembles pre and post activity props and equipment. Returns items to storage area.
Contributes to Business Performance
· Maintains inventory of various prize lockers, office supplies and consumable items utilized in the backstage areas. Coordinates with the Cruise Programs Administrator, Central Stores and Provision area when requisitioning supplies.
Cultivates Customer First
· Socializes with guests in public areas at all times in accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s Gold Anchor Standards. Visits guest lounges at specified times to converse with as many guests as possible in the time allotted.
· Participates in Adventure Ocean themed activities, and hosts Family Activities, Family Festivals, and Boardwalk activities. This includes, but is not limited to: Talent Shows, Circus performances, Stilt walking, Face Painting, Balloon Animals, Magic Tricks, Costume parades
· Participates in shows and events presented by the Cruise Director’s Division by taking part in skits, and/ or simple dance routines.
· Instructs, organizes or facilitates various activities and/or tournaments.
· May serve as master of ceremonies for activities. This includes, but is not limited to: Theater pre-shows, Boardwalk events, Royal Promenade events, Captain’s Receptions, Loyalty events, Adventure Ocean & Family Programming, Theme Night productions, DreamWorks events, Pool events, Charity Partnerships events, Cruise Staff activities including Game shows, All Access Tours, Special Group functions, Flowrider & Sports events, Sailaway Party
Demonstrates Passion, Drive and Energy
· Works with Entertainment Team to participate in and socialize during key guest events to create visibility to awareness with guests.
Cross Team Collaboration
· Operates spotlight equipment for production shows according to instructions as needed, when stage staff are required to perform duties backstage. Attends mandatory rehearsals as required. Assists in the coordination of audio or visual equipment for events as needed.
· Assist with various cross utilization duties such as but not limited to: show doors, gangway duties, rising tide operator, dreamworks meet and greet crowd control, sports desk and waivers, etc.
Acts with Integrity
Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
• Two years master of ceremonies or professional entertainment (theatre, music, dance, comedy, etc.) experience with resorts, cruise lines, entertainment or recreational industries required
• Ability to provide highly efficient balloon making and face painting skills. Activity class offerings preferred: dance instruction, craft classes, fitness classes, singing, etc
• Ability to stilt walk in an entertainment setting such as but not limited to: promenade and boardwalk parades, strolling performing, pool deck events and activities, etc
• Ability to capture and manage the attention of a large group of people with microphone effective and courteous microphone techniques. Experience on a microphone required
• Ability to provide basic instruction to a large group of people
• Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety of software basic packages
Salary: Please contact the agency in regards salary