Installs, services, adjusts and repairs minor problems on coin-operated slot machines located in the shipboard Casino by performing the following duties and responsibilities. The position is also responsible for all jackpot and fill transactions during the shift.
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s Gold Anchor Standards, SQM Policies and Procedures, USPH guidelines, environmental, and safety policies. Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various venues throughout the ship. In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of Anchored in
Excellence , each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas.
1. Conducts minor general Casino maintenance and/or service on Casino machines
2. Fills machines with coins whenever a fill is required
3. Tests coin and cash equipment prior to counts.
4. Examines malfunctioning slot machines to determine possible cause of malfunction. Adjusts and repairs machines where possible and escalates problems to the Slot Technician on duty.
5. Collects coins and currency from change machines and makes settlements with cashier cage to balance assets and cash retrieved from the machines.
6. Prepares written authorization for jackpot payouts and presents to Cashier and/or Casino management based on established Casino Operation policies.
7. Conducts daily inspections of the casino machines and equipment.
8. Maintains a constant presence throughout the Casino. Walks around the Casino to assist guests and provide general information. Extends courtesy and helpful gaming information to guests. Responds to guest complaints in a considerate, professional and positive manner by showing concern and listening actively. Takes ownership of guest concerns.
9. Maintains an awareness of the guests to avoid possible security problems. Observes players and machine operation for improper use or possible security problems. Notifies management and/or security of suspicious behavior.
10. Participates in slot count as assigned and in accordance with Casino Operations policies.
11. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
12. Notifies the host, pit or slot management of any high rollers. Captures all relative information.
13. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.