Conducts gaming table games such as Blackjack, Dice, Roulette, Let It Ride, or
Caribbean Stud Poker and other related table games in the shipboard Casino by
performing the following duties.
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean
International’s Gold Anchor Standards, SQM Policies and Procedures, USPH guidelines,
environmental, and safety policies. Each shipboard employee may be required to perform
all functions in various venues throughout the ship.
In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of Anchored in
Excellence , each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all
times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions guests or fellow shipboard
employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas.
Conducts all Casino table games according to established 1. guidelines and
2. Exchanges paper currency for playing chips or tokens and announces the
3. Ensures that wagers are placed before table gaming proceeds, such as cards are
dealt, roulette wheel is spun, or dice are tossed.
4. Accurately maintains the handling of cards, dice, chips, money and other gamingequipment at an appropriate rate to maintain the proper pace of the game.
Informs players of the rules and regulations as the 5. game progresses.
6. Announces all winning hands, numbers or colors to players. Computes payable
odds to pay winning bets. Pays winning bets and collects losing bets.
7. Observes the players around the table in order to recognize playing style.
8. Maintains an awareness of the guests to avoid possible security risks. Notifies
management and/or security of suspicious behavior. Settles player disputes and
refers escalated guest complaints to management personnel.
9. Participates in casino cash and coin counts as assigned by casino management.
10. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities
11. Ensures that high roller guests are identified and the Supervisor notified.
12. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or
implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee
occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any
other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.