Conducts gaming table games such as Blackjack, Dice, Roulette, or Caribbean Stud Poker and other
related table games in the shipboard Casino by performing the following duties.
To support Celebrity Cruises’ mission of sustaining “the world’s ultimate premium cruise line with a taste of luxury,” all duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, ISM/ISO and SQM standards, USPH guidelines, and environmental regulations.
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and throughout the ship.
1. In accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, as well as through
Celebrity Connections, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all
times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees
and/or in the presence of guest contact and Celebrity Family Member (CFM) areas.
2. Conducts all Casino table games according to established guidelines and procedures.
3. Exchanges paper currency for playing chips or tokens. Announces the exchanges and updates
clicker counting device to record the intake of cash.
4. Ensures that wagers are placed before table gaming proceeds, such as cards are dealt, roulette wheel is spun, or dice are tossed.
5. Accurately maintains the handling of cards, dice, chips, money and other gaming equipment at an
appropriate rate to maintain the proper pace of the game. Inform players of the rules and regulations
as the game progresses.
6. Announces all winning hands, numbers or colors to players. Computes payable odds to pay winning bets. Pays winning bets and collects losing bets.
7. Observe the players around the table in order to recognize playing style. Maintains an awareness of the guests to avoid possible security risks. Notifies management and/or security of suspicious
behavior. Settles player disputes and refer escalated guest complaints to management personnel.
8. Participates in casino cash and coin counts as assigned by Casino Management.
9. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work related activities as required.
10. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.