The Casino Cashier receives and exchanges cash and coins, chips and checks, credit and/or other
monetary notes for guest enjoying the Casino by performing the following duties and responsibilities.
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s Gold Anchor Standards, SQM Policies and Procedures, USPH guidelines, environmental, and safety policies. Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various venues throughout the ship.
In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of Anchored in Excellence , each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas.
1.Greets customers and provides Casino information regarding cashiering 1. services
available to the guests.
2. Exchanges chips, cash, coins, checks, credit and/or other monetary notes. Accurately counts chips, cash, coins in a quick and efficient manner. Receives coins or casino chips from guests requesting paper and/or coin currency equivalency.
3. Operates electronic coin counter or counts chips to determine correct exchange values. Provides guests with paper currency and/or coin equivalency.
4. Obtains approval for credit card transactions; charges individual accounts for chips issued; maintains Credit Card Log.
5.Answers inquiries pertaining to Casino services and general information. Responds to guest complaints in a considerate, professional and positive manner by showing concern and listening actively. Takes ownership of guest concerns by following up and ensuring complaints are resolved to the guest’s satisfaction.
6. Follows established procedures to maintain, balance and reconcile, assigned case assets (cash drawer). Prepares daily summaries by counting, reading and recording totals of cash, coins, traveler’s and other checks, credit cards and ship credit. Prepares manual and computerized reports of daily transactions including transaction summaries to balance and prepare reports for each voyage.
7. Prepares written authorization forms and provides coins to Slot Technician to fill slot machines, slot payouts and change machines.
8. Participates in casino count by totaling and verifying monetary values. Provided necessary supplies for count activities.
9. Follows cage security procedures at all times.
10. Maintains an awareness of the guests to avoid possible security issues. Notifies management and/or security of suspicious behavior.
11. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
12. Notify the host, pit or slot management of any high rollers.
13. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.