The Cabin Host assists in ensuring that Sailors have a memorable vacation onboard by providing outstanding in-cabin service and ensuring all cabins are kept to a quality standard.
* Maintains the cleanliness and sanitation of all cabins assigned to their area including passageways.
* Ensures all cabins assigned to their area are prepared in accordance with company setup each dayand prior to embarkation of Sailors on Turnaround.
* Handles all Sailors personal laundry requests, taking it to and from the laundry and advises onnecessary costs.
* Replenishes cabin such as Mini-Bar, drinking glasses, stationary, complimentary items, bathroomsupplies etc.
* Responsible for ensuring sailors complaints and requests are acted on in a prompt and efficientmanner and notifies Assistant Executive Housekeeper when necessary.
* Responsible for the handling and delivery of sailor luggage to cabins.
* Meets Sailors on embarkation day in assigned meeting area and assists them in locating andentering cabin.
* Strips and re-covers beds in cabin and handles all linen requirements for both fresh and used.
* Provides room service to Sailors and all related services.
* Reports damaged, defective or missing items to Assistant Executive Housekeeper.
* Daily interaction with sailors and provides outstanding customer service and delivery.
* Responsible for the safe handling of equipment in the housekeeping department such as vacuumcleaner, housekeeping cart etc.
* Must be knowledgeable and comply with Public Health rules and regulations as per companypolicy.
* Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as required by Head of Department.
* Ensures that the set standards are kept and staff members work according to their respective jobdescriptions.