The Cabin Assistant provides support to the Cabin Attendant in ensuring that Sailors have a memorable vacation onboard by providing outstanding in-suite service and ensuring all cabins are kept to a quality standard.
● Maintains the cleanliness and sanitation of all cabins assigned to their area including passageways.
● Works under the direction of the Cabin Attendant in ensuring cabins assigned to their area are prepared in accordance with company setup each day and prior to embarkation of Sailors on Turnaround.
● Maintains cleanliness of carpets inside cabin and passageway by vacuuming and/or sweeping.
● Carries out cleaning of Showers, sinks and toilet bowls in bathroom areas.
● Responsible for ensuring sailors complaints and requests are acted on in a prompt and efficient manner and notifies Assistant Executive Housekeeper when necessary.
● Assists in the handling and delivery of sailor luggage to cabins.
● Empties wastebaskets and garbage bins and transports garbage and waste to the garbage processing area.
● Carries out cleaning of ceiling, windows, walls and balconies including draperies and upholstery.
● Reports damaged, defective or missing items to Assistant Executive Housekeeper.
● Daily interaction with sailors and provides outstanding customer service and delivery.
● Responsible for the safe handling of equipment in the housekeeping department such as vacuum cleaner, housekeeping cart etc.
● Must be knowledgeable and comply with Public Health rules and regulations as per company policy.