We’re on an exciting journey to create one of the most irresistible travel brands in the world and are building an epic team to help make our ambition a reality. We are on the hunt for a super talented ‘someone’ who is passionate about creating the most unique bar experience to life at sea.
This ‘someone’ will lead a large team of beverage gurus who reign from all around the world onboard our lovely lady ship, Scarlet. They will oversea all of the Bars onboars and make sure that they are always in ship-shape.
In other words, this ‘someone’ needs to know how to Make Ship Happen. Your excellent attention to detail and self-starter mentality means you can think quick on your feet and keep calm when ship gets real. Ultimately, we won’t be able to remember how we got by without you.
At Virgin, your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We want you to bring it to our hang out spot and help make the place even better. So, we won’t be surprised to hear that when people talk about you they say you are clever, on top of it, able to think ahead, intuitive, passionate and someone people respect and enjoy working with because you make things happen.
● Responsible for keeping ship straight in our bars, lounges, service bars, beverage stations and bar storage areas
● Ensures all Beverage machines and equipment are maintained and repaired
● Conducts regular inspections of all Bar and Beverage areas ensuring that any shortfalls in cleanliness or standards are corrected
● Monitor Work and Rest hours for all Bar and Beverage staff ensuring MLC guidelines are adhered to
● Ensure all Bar and Beverage staff operate above USPH standards
● Ensures the highest possible standards of guest service are provided and listens and responds to Sailor and Crew concerns and questions
● Ensures that all new Crew Members within Bars and Beverage areas receive proper training until they are fully aware of the company policies and procedures
● Reports to the Food & Beverage Director any guest complaints and feedback and where possible finds solutions and seeks improvements
● Ensures that all Bars, Bar areas and Beverage stations adhere to advertised opening and closing times
● Responsible for the appearance and operating manner of the Bar and Beverage crew
● Monitors and reports on Bar and Beverage sales and costs ensuring that outlets within their department operate within established budgetary guidelines
● Prepare appraisals for individuals under their remit in accordance with Virgin Voyages policies
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
Minimum 3 years’ experience as Beverage Manager onboard a Cruise ship or 4/5 star hotel/resort
Excellent organizational skills and able to juggle several operations in one go
Demonstrated experience in motivating, leading and engaging a diverse workforce to increase synergy and improve productivity within the team
Passionate about people and able to handle sailor complaints with a smile!
All certificates as required by the STCW code for this position
Strong written & verbal skills
Contract length: 4 months on / 2 months off
Salary: Please contact the agency in regards salary