Mixes and serves alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverage to guests in various bars, lounges and
service areas throughout the vessel by performing the following essential duties and
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean
International’s Gold Anchor Standards, SQM standards, USPH and HACCP guidelines,
environmental, and workplace safety policies and procedures. Each shipboard employee
may be required to perform all functions in various food and beverage service venues
throughout the ship.
In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of Anchored in
Excellence , each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all
times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions guests or fellow shipboard
employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas.
1. Each bar shipboard employee reports to their workstation assignment on time and
properly groomed and dressed according to Royal Caribbean International’s Gold
2. Converses with guests to answer questions, provide information, promote drink
specials and/or up-sell to premium brands. Makes suggestions for alternatives if
drink request is not available in current inventory.
3. Takes orders from guests or Bar Servers. Asks for appropriate identification to
determine minimum drinking age.
4. Prepares all beverages according to Royal Caribbean International’s 4. Gold Anchor
Standards for mixology including recipes, garnishments, serving practices, etc.
Mixes ingredients such as liquor, soda, water, sugar and bitters to prepare
cocktails and other drinks. Utilizes a jigger for proper measurement and serves
drinks in appropriate glass with garnishment.
5. Serves wine and draught or bottled beer in the appropriate glass or fashion.
6. Collects charge card for drinks served and inputs accurate data in the point-of-sale
system. Calculates tips, discounts, percentages and refunds as needed. Presents
statement to guest for signature. Maintains accurate accounting records.
7. Arranges bottles and glasses to create an attractive display. Maintains an
awareness of inventory stock and location to enhance work performance.
8. Slices and pits fruit for garnishing drinks.
9. Replenishes bar snacks such as chips, pretzels, nuts, etc.
10. Maintains, secures and cleans bar area. Ensures stations and/or tables are clean,
orderly and properly set with matches, clean ashtrays and beverage menus, etc.
Removes empty or dirty glasses and bottles and returns them to the bar or kitchen.
Practices napkin folding techniques and mechanics.
11. Works independently and without immediate supervision. Promotes teamwork
and provides on-the-job training to Bar Servers and/or Bar Utility personnel to
strengthen their current performance.
12. Maintains accurate par levels and rotates stock according to management
standards. Maintains inventory of liquor, mixers and other items utilized in the
bar. Orders or requisitions liquors and supplies. Conducts inventory counts as
scheduled and unscheduled.
13. Maintains an awareness of drink trends and makes recommendations to
management to introduce new drinks.
14. While scheduled to work in the English Pub, makes an attempt to converse with
guests to emphasize the English Pub atmosphere.
15. While scheduled to work in the Golf Bar, makes an attempt to converse with
guests regarding the sport of golf, personalities, events, championships, etc. To
emphasize the Golf Bar atmosphere. Maintains the golf atmosphere by ensuring
golf-related broadcasts are shown on the television sets located in the bar.
16. While scheduled to work in the Sports Bar, makes an attempt to converse with
guests regarding various domestic and international sports, athletes, events,
championships, etc. to emphasize the Sports Bar atmosphere.
17. May perform Bartender duties during special events and parties not located in the
bars or lounges. May work in outside weather conditions and is occasionally
exposed to we and/or humid conditions.
18.Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-18. related activities as required.
19. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or
implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee
occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any
other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.