We’re on an exciting journey to create one of the most irresistible travel brands in the world and are building an epic team to help make our ambition a reality. We are on the hunt for a super talented ‘someone’ who loves the daily grind & can serve a mean cup of Joe!
We love Coffee & people watching and we assume you do too! This ‘someone’ is a caffeine guru and will educate our Sailors (guests) about all of our Coffee & Tea offerings. They will make sailors say “Where have you been all of my life”?!
In other words, this ‘someone’ needs to know how to Make Ship Happen. Your excellent attention to detail and self-starter mentality means you can think quick on your feet and keep calm when ship gets real. Ultimately, we won’t be able to remember how we got by without you.
At Virgin, your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We want you to bring it to our hang out spot and help make the place even better. So, we won’t be surprised to hear that when people talk about you they say you are clever, on top of it, able to think ahead, intuitive, passionate and someone people respect and enjoy working with because you make things happen.
● Provide an epic experience for our guests at all times
● Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items available in the assigned outlet
● Maintain complete knowledge of hours of operation, menus, price range and dress code of assigned outlet
● Fully knowledgeable in standard coffee types and recipes
● Interact with Sailors and provide beverage information, promoting drinks and/or upselling premium brands. They will also suggest coffee blends or preparation descriptions
● Suggest and serve other menu items such as pastries, sweet and savory snacks
● Ensures that Sailor orders are correctly entered into the system and monitors tab for any corrections necessary
● Carries out clear down routines after service and ensures the appearance and condition of all items including glasses and bottles meet Virgin Voyages standards
● Ensures that all coffee bar products, equipment and cleaning materials are used in a cost-effective manner
● Notifies Asst. Beverage Operations Manager of any complaints raised and seeks to resolve