Suggest and serve high quality Starbucks We Proudly Serve (WPS) and/or Starbucks Licensed products (including related ice cream and complimentary/retail pastries) while serving guests following the GOLD Anchor and Starbucks Standards. To further participate in the Beverage Operation team, adhere to all Royal Caribbean standards with passion and enthusiasm.
In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of Anchored in Excellence, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas.
1. Actively works as a Barista and exhibits high standards of service when engaging with guest and constantly investigates service standards improvements through talking with guests and reading all related comments and follow up.
2. Ensures the venue is set-up on time with adequate amount of all products is on-hand. Inspects workstations, work areas, equipment, etc. to ensure efficient service and conformance to standards.
3. Assist in training and monitoring new Baristas for proper skill and service. Participates in training for new recipes, promotions, techniques, equipment, etc. Provides on-the-job training to strengthen current performance and preparation for possible advancement to promotional positions. Monitors the daily workstation operation to ensure speed and efficiency.
4. Demonstrates the proper operation of all equipment. Test equipment to ensure accuracy of temperature gauges, heating or cooling elements etc. Reports all malfunctions and request necessary repairs.
5. Prepare all products consistently to a high standard and in accordance with Starbucks We Proudly Serve and/or Starbucks Licensed standards, regarding taste, consistency and attractive presentation. Test beverages being prepared by viewing, tasting, and smelling.
6. Reviews USPH procedures for sanitation and cleanliness and monitors workstations and adherence to those procedures at all times. Enforces and follows USPH cleaning procedures for work surfaces, all related equipment and utensils.
7. Enforces the storage or disposal of over production items according to Royal Caribbean International’s brand standards and Starbucks We Proudly Serve and/or Starbucks License rules and regulations.
8. Answers inquiries pertaining to Starbucks We Proudly Server and/or Starbucks License general information. Responds to escalated guest complaints in a considerate, professional and positive manner by showing concern and listening actively. Takes ownership of guest concerns, by following-up and ensuring complaints are resolved to the guest’s satisfaction.
9. Consistently serves all food related items in the venue to a high standard whether those products be complimentary or revenue generating.
10. Ensures a healthy and safe working environment at all times.
11. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
12. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
Ability to read, interpret and demonstrate the preparation of drink recipes
Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
Ability to speak additional languages preferred.
minimum 21 years of age
Extensive knowledge of beverage handling procedures with regard to public health standards.
Contract length: 29 weeks on / up to 60 days off
Salary: Please contact the agency in regards salary