The Barista is responsible for preparing quality beverages according to standard recipes and serving all products with friendly, individualized attention towards each guest. He/she is also responsible for educating external and internal guests about our premium coffees and teas.
· Educates guests by presenting and explaining the coffee drink menu; answering questions.
· Sells coffees and teas by explaining differences in coffee beans, teas.
· Prepares and sells drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques.
· Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, pastries, and cookies for coffee bar.
· Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
· Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading coffee, retail trade, and food service publications; maintaining personal networks.
· Responsible for ensuring that company standards of service for beverages other than tea and coffee are being followed and that the standard drink recipes, including proper garnishes, are adhered to.
· Helps to resolve in a satisfactory and proactive manner all service and product deficiencies and follows up on guest comments and/or concerns.
Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
· Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.