To provide quality beverage service to our guests and to suggest and promote drinks that will, proportionally, increase revenue.
Responsibility and authority (He/she will be responsible for):
• To arrive at work at the specified time in a clean, company specified uniform.
• Bar servers must have a comprehensive knowledge of the ingredients and prices of all drinks on the menu as well as the daily specials and any promotional sale for the day.
• To ensure that the waiter station is set up according to the Carnival standard as well as fully stocked with ice and glasses.
• To ensure that tables are kept clean and that menus and ashtrays are clean and in place.
• Scrutinize the bar area to ensure all furniture is in good condition. Report any deficiency to the
Bar Manager or Assistant bar manager.
• To be aware of any special promotions and advise your guests accordingly.
• To be aware of all activities outlined in the Carnival Capers and inform your guests accordingly.
• Liaise with the Bar management on all matters pertaining to bar activities.
• Ensure correct sail and sign procedures are followed at all times.
• Advise Bar management or security guard when a guest or guests appear to be intoxicated and behaving in such a way that they need to be monitored for their well being.
• Ensure that the bar is cleaned at the end of each shift as per the established standards.
• Punctually attend all meetings as required by the management.
• Attend all safety drills as requested by the ships command.
• To perform other duties as per management instructions.
• To attend all scheduled private parties and functions.
All bar servers report to their immediate supervisor, the bartender responsible for the bar where they are working, but ultimately to the Bar Management.
Working Relationship With:
Bar Manager, Assistant Bar Manager, Bar Servers, Bar Stewards