The Bar Waiter reports directly to the Bar Manager, Assistant Bar Manager and Head Bartender. This position is responsible for beverage service and sales in the workstation that is assigned to him/her in the public bar or lounge.
· Responsible for promoting and maximizing beverage sales in the assigned workplace, while following & ensuring that all company beverage service standards are being adhered to.
· Ensures that company policy in regards to drinking age is followed, & practices responsible service of alcoholic beverages.
· Helps maintain the bar & pantry areas at all times in accordance with USPH / FDA and SEMS rules and regulations, including following guidelines relating to the correct use & maintenance of all bar equipment.
· Ensures the assigned workstation is properly set & prepared to meet the daily business demands.
· Provides prompt, attentive, consistent & courteous service to every guest in the assigned workstation, & through this helps to achieve the yearly goal for the bar scores in the guest comment cards.
· Strives to always up-sell to better quality premium & super-premium products, & is able to recommend & suggest beverages when guests ask for assistance in selecting them.
· Effectively communicates any problem, challenges, complaints or service difficulties in a timely manner to the Bartender on duty or immediate supervisor.
· Maintains an attentive & proactive approach offering consecutive rounds of drinks, asserting satisfaction with the product served.
· Responsible for the correct registering & proper handling of all individual checks & sales transactions generated in the assigned workstation.
· Follows company guidelines regarding uniform, personal grooming & hygiene.
· Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
• Minimum 2 years experience as a Cocktail Waiter in a high-volume 400+ room 3 Star – 4 Star land based resort/hotel, or previous shipboard experience in the same position.
Contract length: 36 weeks on/9 weeks off
Salary: Please contact the agency in regards salary