To serve and interact with guests and fellow crew members in a professional courteous manner ensuring that a six star Crystal service standard is maintained at all times providing a superior guest experience and a healthy productive work environment within company guidelines.
Operational Duties & Responsibilities
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Crystal Basics, ISM/ISO, STCW, and MLC standards, USPH guidelines, and environmental regulations.
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and throughout the ship.
• To greet Guests in a professional manner and to provide them with prompt, courteous and friendly food and beverage service in public rooms, lounges, open decks and bars.
• Adhere to company policies, procedures, manuals, directives and appearance standards at all times.
• To prepare garnishes and other mise en place for their assigned bar.• Ensure proper cleaning (as per USPH / Shipboard Sanitation Program standards including logs and labeling), maintenance and storage of equipment in assigned bars, pantries and / or lockers in accordance with safety rules and regulations.
• To maintain a friendly and approachable demeanor, even under pressure, and utilize an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Crystal Basics.
• To conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner, including physical and verbal interactions with fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guests.
• To attend meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
• To record work and rest hours on the crew portal on a continuous basis.
• To perform operational related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees may be required to perform other job-related duties as assigned by their supervisor or management.
• To control use of consumables.
• To ensure company property is maintained properly and treated with respect.
• To be cost conscious with pantry food, bonded and AI inventory.
• Be revenue minded by upselling from the Connoisseur Wine & Spirit List
Safety Responsibilities & Physical Requirements
• To use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when appropriate.
• To practice Safe Lifting Techniques as required by company guidelines. Employees may be required to lift or move up to 55lbs (25kg) without assistance.
• To comply with In Port Manning (IPM) duties as scheduled.
• Emergency duties as assigned and participation in guest and/or crew lifeboat drills as required.
• Other safety responsibilities, as assigned, but not limited to the above.
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
College Degree/Diploma or Hotel School or other relevant apprenticeship in the food service industry required
Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a luxury international hotel property or two (2) years of experience in the luxury cruise industry in a bar environment
Fluent spoken English (needs to score at least 70% in the onboard English proficiency test)
Must have good product and beverage knowledge
Contract length: 6 months on/ 2 months off
Salary: Please contact the agency in regards salary