We’re on an exciting journey to create one of the most irresistible travel brands in the world and are building an epic team to help make our ambition a reality. We are on the hunt for a super talented ‘someone’ who is someone who doesn’t need it to be 5 o’clock somewhere.
Do find yourself analyzing the flow of your local bar? If so, keep reading! This ‘someone’ is passionate about the operation set up of our bars and will be a key player in bringing our beverage strategy to life.
In other words, this ‘someone’ needs to know how to Make Ship Happen. Your excellent attention to detail and self-starter mentality means you can think quick on your feet and keep calm when ship gets real. Ultimately, we won’t be able to remember how we got by without you.
At Virgin, your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We want you to bring it to our hang out spot and help make the place even better. So, we won’t be surprised to hear that when people talk about you they say you are clever, on top of it, able to think ahead, intuitive, passionate and someone people respect and enjoy working with because you make things happen.
● Provide an epic experience for our guests at all times
● Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections available in the assigned outlet
● Maintain complete knowledge of designated glassware and garnishes for each drink
● Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, proper table set ups, room capacity, hours of operation, menus, price range and dress code of assigned outlet
● Competently open and serve wine/champagne bottles
● Fully knowledgeable in standard cocktail recipes, wine lists, spirits, other alcoholic beverages, garnishes and presentations
● Assists Bartenders, Sommeliers and Bar Waiters during busy periods in serving, cleaning and providing outstanding customer service
● Trains, supervises and applies corrective action in regard to Public Health programs within the Beverage Department
● Interact with Sailors and provide beverage information, promoting drinks and/or upselling premium brands. They will also suggest alternative cocktails that aren’t visible on the menu
● Ensures that all bar products, equipment and cleaning materials are used in a costeffective manner
● Mentors members of the Bar team and provides training where required
● Ensures that their bar area is properly stocked, set up and ready to open as scheduled
● Assists with inventory stock checks and requisitions relating to bar equipment, items and consumables
● Notifies Assistant Beverage Operations Manager of any complaints raised and seeks to resolve
● Be familiar with all cruise services/features and activations to respond to Sailor inquiries accurately
● Ensures Bar areas open and close to advertised times
● Logs all fridge, freezer and dishwasher temperatures as per Hotel Operations Policy
● Produces daily reports for Bar sales and stock
● Monitors both consumable and non-consumable stock and reports to Assistant Beverage Operations Manager of any concerns/discrepancies
● Monitors and assists with Restaurant Bars service
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
Minimum 2 years’ experience as Head Bartender/Bar supervisor or Asst. Bar Manager onboard a Cruise ship or 4/5 star hotel/resort
Passionate about people and able to handle guest complaints with a smile!
Excellent presentation skills to present training programs
Administrative skills to manage training program
All certificates as required by the STCW code for this position
Strong written & verbal skills
Contract length: 5 months on / 2 months off
Salary: Please contact the agency in regards salary