We’re on an exciting journey to create one of the most irresistible travel brands in the world and are building an epic team to help make our ambition a reality. We are on the hunt for a super talented ‘someone’ can deliver a mean punch!
Our Sailors (guests) love saying cheers and this ‘someone’ will make sure that they do that in Virgin style. They are an expert in all of the menu items and will give our sailors a gentle nudge to try something new.
In other words, this ‘someone’ needs to know how to Make Ship Happen. Your excellent attention to detail and self-starter mentality means you can think quick on your feet and keep calm when ship gets real. Ultimately, we won’t be able to remember how we got by without you.
At Virgin, your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We want you to bring it to our hang out spot and help make the place even better. So, we won’t be surprised to hear that when people talk about you they say you are clever, on top of it, able to think ahead, intuitive, passionate and someone people respect and enjoy working with because you make things happen.
● Provide an epic experience for our guests at all times
● Maintains a complete knowledge of all menu items, liquor brands, beers and nonalcoholic selections available in the assigned outlet
● Maintains a complete knowledge of designated glassware and garnishes for each drink
● Maintains a complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, proper table set ups, room capacity, hours of operation, menus, price range and dress code of assigned outlet
● Competently and with style open and serve wine/champagne bottles
● Interact with Sailors and provide beverage information, promoting drinks and/or upselling premium brands. They will also suggest alternative cocktails that aren’t visible on the menu
● Ensure that all bar products, equipment and cleaning materials are used in a costeffective manner
● Inspect cleanliness and condition of assigned station and service areas; rectify any deficiencies
● Ensures that Sailor orders are correctly entered into the system and monitors tab for any corrections necessary
● Carries out clear down routines after service and ensures the appearance and condition of all items including glasses and bottles meet Virgin Voyages standards
● Notifies Bar Supervisor of any complaints raised and seeks to resolve
● Be familiar with all cruise services/features and activations to respond to Sailor inquiries accurately
● Ensures compliance with the Company alcohol policy and notifies Bar Supervisor when Sailors/Crew are in danger of breaching