To promote and provide beverage services throughout the ship to the guests as well as improve and maintain sales. To keep workstations clean, orderly and properly set with clean ashtrays and table tents (is applicable).
To support Celebrity Cruises’ mission of sustaining “the world’s ultimate premium cruise line with a taste of luxury,” all duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, ISM/ISO and SQM standards, USPH guidelines, and environmental regulations.
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and throughout the ship.
1. In accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, as well as through Celebrity Connections, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and Celebrity Family Member (CFM) areas.
2. Must appear for work in a properly clean uniform, and wearing their name tag.
3. At all times, adheres to the Master’s rules and regulations.
4. Must report to his/her assigned station at least 10 minutes in advance.
5. Once assigned a workstation or section in a lounge the Bar Server must be present for the entire shift.
6. Check to see the station/tables are clean, orderly, and properly set with matches, clean ashtrays and table tents.
7. Greet guests and escort them to their seats when they enter the lounge or bar.
8. Suggest a drink and take the order.
9. Call the guests by their names at all times.
10. You will have sales targets to reach for each 12-week period. The Manager will explain the specific guidelines.
11. Always take a party’s complete drink order in one trip (if it’s possible).
12. Knows his/her bar menu well and be able to explain and suggest drinks to guests.
13. Place order at service bar and ensure that drinks are served in the proper glass with the proper garnish.
14. Ensures that the brand of liquor ordered is the brand served.
15. Be sure to always follow U.S.P.H. procedures.
16. Adheres to the drinking age policy, at all times (21 years old).
17. Works at special parties and cocktail parties, including canapés served in the lounge.
18. Knowledge of correct cocktail party procedures and cabin liquor set-ups.
19. Attends weekly bar staff meetings and training sessions as required.
20. Adheres to work schedule.
21. When serving highballs always use a shot glass and pour the liquor into the mix in front of the guest.
22. Presents each party with a separate check at the end of service.
23. Always carry a ballpoint pen for guests who wish to sign their checks and a penlight so guests can read checks in the dark.
24. Thank the guest when giving the copy of the check to the guest and always remember to say, “Good night/day, Mr./Mrs., Mrs. (Or Sir/Madam)” when guests leave the bar.
25. Return completed checks to assigned place.
26. Assist in bringing the stock up to the various bars.
27. Makes sure personal appearance, personal hygiene and uniform appearance are at all times in accordance with company policy.
28. Other duties may be assigned.
29. Must report any accident or dangerous occurrences to management.
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively with guests, department heads and CFMs to foresee and resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
language and physical requirements to perform the job.
minimum 21 years of age
ability to speak additional language preffered
Contract length: 29 weeks on / up to 60 days off
Salary: Please contact the agency in regards salary