The Bar Manager is ultimately responsible for ensuring that their team creates the finest travel experience onboard our vessels. They follow up on all service procedures and encourage their team to interact positively with their guests. The Bar Manager is also responsible to cost control to achieve the voyage budget keeping in mind that all decisions made are focused on the success of the company and the highest guest satisfaction.
Reporting Relationships: The Bar Manager reports directly to the Food and Beverage Manager supported by the Hotel Director.
Position has 3 Professional level reports – Head Sommelier, Sommelier and Bartenders
Ensures that all beverage stocks in the bars and in lockers or pantries are used, stored and accounted for following company policies and guidelines.
Establishes proper communication with the Provision Master to ensure that they have all the items on the menu.
Ensure all Beverage Menus on the ship are up to date and reflecting the latest FSP pricing according to items available in the stores.
Oversees that all other existing beverage standard operating procedures are in place, adhered to and being followed throughout the ship.
Maintains and updates sales records and reports as required by company policy.
Ensures that all outlets are requisitioning products from stores as needed and in accordance to SOP 07-002 Complimentary Beverage control.
Reports any challenges with Overages of budget immediately to the F&B Manger
Responsible for seeing that the staff receives the necessary training for the efficient execution of their duties on daily basis if needed.
Appraise all Beverage staff as per STAR evaluation system
Once a cruise monitors the Change in manning and communicates with the F&B Manager for any upcoming challenges in crew changes.
Ensure that all late bars are properly manned, that bars are left in good order at closing and that any unusual occurrences are properly dealt with.
The ability to follow mixology recipes and ensure that standards are maintained consistently.
Mixology tasting is essential to controlling the quality of the products according to company policy.
Ensures that his Team is following company guidelines regarding uniforms and personal hygiene.
To be familiar with and execute the Seabourn HESS-MS appropriate to their position.
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
• Formal degree in Food and Beverage management from a recognized institution or extensive working experience as a manager in a large beverage operation
• Proof of continuing education translated in certificates or letter of participation in specialized courses, seminars and tasting
• Two years of working experience as Bar Manager in a fast pace 4 or 5 star environment with an international clientele
• Strong command of the English language combined with good verbal and written skills
• Thorough practical knowledge of beverage operations
• Knowledge of public health and sanitation regulations and procedures and should go through the USPH course in Miami and get to a refreshment course every 5 years
• Working experience with an extensive beverage program that entails premiums and super. premiums in all beverage categories
Contract length: 4 months on/2 months off
Salary: Please contact the agency in regards salary